OT: NFL: Welcome to Teddys Playhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I owe you an apology. I should have explained that graph. The Y Axis is Pass Rush Win Rate. The X Axis is the rate at which he was Double Teamed. So he's sort of winning his reps, but he's not getting Double Teamed so the degree of difficulty isn't high. Not a guy that you should be jumping at handing out high end EDGE rates.
Figured that out after some complicated calculations on my end (actually reading the X and Y Axis). Yeah I would be down for him but not pay premium dollar and assets.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Explain plz
I owe you an apology. I should have explained that graph. The Y Axis is Pass Rush Win Rate. The X Axis is the rate at which he was Double Teamed. So he's sort of winning his reps, but he's not getting Double Teamed so the degree of difficulty isn't high. Not a guy that you should be jumping at handing out high end EDGE rates.

Miller is Gumby. He blows by people when he wins reps consistently to the outside with speed. That's not Ngakoue's game.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I’ve been a Lions fan for 25 years. Slay was one of their best players and always matched up man to man against the other teams top wr. Getting him for two mid round picks is a steal. SOL

Reactions: montreal

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Is there a chance that he rebounds due to being hurt last year? Or is slay just not a good fit for Schwartz scheme?

Also makes me believe they will trade back in the first round and recoup those picks. In some manner

Its tough cause you can look at it two ways (statistically)

1) Slay had 1 off year out of 7, due to injury/ random statistical season (and should bounce back)
2) Slay's last season was the start of a decline, isn't a random statistical down season and we overpaid for a CB who will be bad.

It is hard to find the performance data, but I did some searching around, pulled data for 5 difference sources. Some as old as 2011 and some as recent as last year. Some use Pro Bowls as their data points (which I dont like) and others use a variety of performance data. While not all data was consistent, it seems that around age 32 is where the steep decline seems to happen on average.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I could see it now.

DzEYa90VAAAAGX9.jpg

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The Lions pass rush was easily in last place last season. Trust me, you all will love Slay at cb.

I know we'll love him, but I guess the concern (other than people's overreactions which is a given in Philly) is that IF they don't upgrade FS or the other CB spot, it seems they'll just get shredded in those parts of the secondary.

However, it's only Day 4 of Free Agency (essentially), so we'll see what happens.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Would anyone be willing to talk me out of hoping for Delpit at 21?

Aside from praying that Lamb or Jeudy is there.
I'm really not good at football evaluation, so big rock of salt there, but --

a lot of words already typed about Dugger or Chinn being there on Day 2 and providing broadly similar value when compared to the projected first-round safeties. I think I could talk myself into one of them. Different kinds of player, yes, but Mills is only on a one-year deal and McLeod's is for two. Going to have to invest there at some point.

Speaking of which, any status updates on Harris of the Vikings? Since it seems the Eagles are handing out dollars wrapped in draft picks like gorditas, might as well go for the fire sauce.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
With Graham and Barnett, they don't need to add a starting DE.
Both DEs are more "seal the edge" pressure guys than sack artists.

Which makes sense when you have three elite penetrating DTs, the DEs just have to take care of their responsibilities, squeeze the edges and pick up garbage sacks.

Jo Jo, I actually like Rush over Ridgeway, I think Rush has more upside, big boy with surprisingly good feet. Hector is history.

Lot's of bodies on the bench at DE, but no one proven, though it'll be interesting to see how they use Avery this year (maybe play 3 DTs and Avery as the Elephant?). Schwartz must like him b/c can't see Howie trading for him unless it was highly recommended.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Jo Jo, I actually like Rush over Ridgeway, I think Rush has more upside, big boy with surprisingly good feet. Hector is history.

Lot's of bodies on the bench at DE, but no one proven, though it'll be interesting to see how they use Avery this year (maybe play 3 DTs and Avery as the Elephant?). Schwartz must like him b/c can't see Howie trading for him unless it was highly recommended.

Rush outplayed Jernigan last year by my eyes. He could be a solid rotational guy too for sure. I think they like them both.

I think you'll see all sorts of packages with 3 "DTs" on the field, even on 3rd Downs. You'll definitely get some 5 man fronts. It wouldn't shock me at all to consistently see something like Cox and Hargrave in the A Gaps, DE of your choice at 7T, and Jackson in a B gap on high leverage Downs.

I'm really not good at football evaluation, so big rock of salt there, but --

a lot of words already typed about Dugger or Chinn being there on Day 2 and providing broadly similar value when compared to the projected first-round safeties. I think I could talk myself into one of them. Different kinds of player, yes, but Mills is only on a one-year deal and McLeod's is for two. Going to have to invest there at some point.

Speaking of which, any status updates on Harris of the Vikings? Since it seems the Eagles are handing out dollars wrapped in draft picks like gorditas, might as well go for the fire sauce.

Dugger and Chinn would both be Jenkins replacements and make a ton of sense. They're SS/NLB types. I wish I could tell you I have fleshed out opinions on them, but let me tell you how hard it is to get Southern Illinois and especially Lenoir-Rhyne coaches' tape. I've been trying for a few months. From broadcast angles, I think I like Chinn more, but this is one area I'm going to focus on with all my newfound downtime.

Harris I would absolutely love, but he would have been taking McLeod's spot at FS. I would think that ship has sailed, but couldn't be happier to be wrong. He might have been the best pure football player relative to position on the entire market this year.

Reactions: Here4ThaList
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad