GDT: NFL Week 1

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fangio may have saved Gostkowski's ass with his horrific clock management.
I agree. Once the Titans got inside the 39, you need to use your timeouts in the event that they make the FG despite the kickers struggles all night. If you get the ball back after a missed kick and the titans still have all of their timeouts then you still need to run out the clock but worst case you force a run first team to start from their 20-25 yard line with a kicker that has missed 4 FG and an XP.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Broncos inability to take advantage of the Titans mistakes and Fangio's clock management were bad but the play of some of their young players was a positive. Chubb showed some flashes coming back from his injury and Fant made plays.

I thought Jeudy looked good as well and he'll be open a lot if that first game is any indication. The drops weren't great and that was one of the concerns some people had coming out but they both seemed from a lack of focus than anything else. Both times he beat his man and might've been thinking about after the catch.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I guess now the question is what are they doing in NE to cheat on FGs? Under or over regulation footballs? He was the 5th most accurate all time in NE. One night else where and he drops to 9th. Damn, they are always cheating.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Broncos inability to take advantage of the Titans mistakes and Fangio's clock management were bad but the play of some of their young players was a positive. Chubb showed some flashes coming back from his injury and Fant made plays.

I thought Jeudy looked good as well and he'll be open a lot if that first game is any indication. The drops weren't great and that was one of the concerns some people had coming out but they both seemed from a lack of focus than anything else. Both times he beat his man and might've been thinking about after the catch.

Lock looks good

But that offense is so damn vanilla/conservative

Fangio really has not been good hire for you guys ,,, Want Chuck Pagano instead? Seriously I wish I could trade Pagano for Fangio as our D has done nothing but regress since Fangio left

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Once Lock gets Sutton healthy and his deep ball dialed in, he will be a stud IMO. Besides that snow game in KC, he's had a good start to his career. There is so much talent in that arm once the open him up more. Finding that balance with him will be key though.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Lock looks good

But that offense is so damn vanilla/conservative

Fangio really has not been good hire for you guys ,,, Want Chuck Pagano instead? Seriously I wish I could trade Pagano for Fangio as our D has done nothing but regress since Fangio left

Fangio needs a better offensive coordinator, Shurmer sucks and his crap ass conservative offensive play calling is terrible.

Jason Garrett last night called a better offensive game.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I guess now the question is what are they doing in NE to cheat on FGs? Under or over regulation footballs? He was the 5th most accurate all time in NE. One night else where and he drops to 9th. Damn, they are always cheating.

Joking aside Gost has struggled at times in the last 2-3 years . He missed some short and important FG that he would never have missed prior to that. The guy is simply not as constant as he used to be and imho simply on a decline so i'm not really surprised by how he performed for the Titans

Yes it's been only 1 game this year but what i saw is a continuation of what he was in his last couple of years with the Pats. The guy had a great career but i think that he's at the crossroads now. I wish for him to bounce back but i'm not certain he can still be as constant as he once was

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Uh, probably just the hip surgery he had

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I heard they use electro magnets in the football and behind the goalposts. Bill has a switch in his pocket and right after the ball is kicked he turns on the magnets.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I heard they use electro magnets in the football and behind the goalposts. Bill has a switch in his pocket and right after the ball is kicked he turns on the magnets.

i-believe-him-yo-gif-3.gif

Reactions: 4Orr

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

I find this humorous in a good way and I suppose you are joking. But in case you are not, I think I came close to watching every single game he played, his kicking started getting questionable about 2 seasons ago, maybe 3. The Belly essentially dumped him week 4 of last year and then there was the surgery.

But to answer your question seriously. Feel power of the Darkside and you never saw The Belly using his powers for a good field goal?

tenor.gif

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I find this humorous in a good way and I suppose you are joking. But in case you are not, I think I came close to watching every single game he played, his kicking started getting questionable about 2 seasons ago, maybe 3. The Belly essentially dumped him week 4 of last year and then there was the surgery.

But to answer your question seriously. Feel power of the Darkside and you never saw The Belly using his powers for a good field goal?

tenor.gif
Oh he is very serious

Reactions: 4Orr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad