GDT: NFL Week 1

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Crowd noise is going to be interesting. NFL is capping artificial crowd noise at 75 decibels when:

With a packed house, an NFL crowd can maintain 115 decibels when the home team is defending the red zone, or when the offense scores a touchdown. Brad Ricks is an audio engineer who has done sound design for multiple NFL stadiums. He says during an important drive, stadiums usually stay above 105 decibels. That’s as loud as a typical rock concert or a Boeing 737 at takeoff.

The Sounds of Silent NFL Stadiums

Crowd noise disrupting the opposition's offense is the biggest home advantage in sports IMO. It'll be interesting to see how much of an effect they can have with this artificial noise.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I thought they were banning it. People complain about the Red slur but Tomahawk chop is JUST as bad.

I thought so too. I mean someone has to play the sounder to start it right? It's not a fan-induced thing, at least the very first part of it.

By the way, that's my problem with this whole racial equality thing. There's so much mixed messaging, and I'm sure all these players are going to vote for a guy who has said some very racist things in the past and has been a politician for 50 years. Is it racial equality, or a campaign event for Joe Biden?

And by the way I fully Admit Trump is no different. I just can't help but feel like this "protest" is more of a campaign rally than anything else. You want to impact change. It starts at the community level, and most of the issues are happening in Democratically run cities, with Mayors who have full jurisdiction over the police.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Anyway, that's all I want to say about the politics of it and this is the return of Football. I hope tonight is a fun exciting high scoring game. The two most paid QBs in the league on the same field. Should be exciting.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedblue1223

Intermission

Jan 17, 2016
Western NY
By the way, that's my problem with this whole racial equality thing. There's so much mixed messaging, and I'm sure all these players are going to vote for a guy who has said some very racist things in the past and has been a politician for 50 years. Is it racial equality, or a campaign event for Joe Biden?
Social justice is a bigger problem than anyone can fix right away.
But thanks for throwing water on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad