NFL talk LVIII: Taking our Talents & Mitch to South Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
3 days away from the Bears maintaining first place after blowing game 1 and we’re talking about Cutler. Jesus this thread is redundant.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Eric Reid was not on Pro Bowl team 2 years ago

He made team once in 2013

Also I would point out the NFL was so Anti-Reid they drafted his brother in 3rd round who has similar views as him

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Obviously, Reid had a bit of baggage to some owners ... but it's more about the type of safeties the NEW NFL is looking for. Teams want Eddie Jackson, Minkah FitzPatrick, or Darwin James. Safeties, who are best at run support rather than coverage / blitz, have diminshed value. That's why I believe the Bears are hesisrant to give Adrian Amos a big deal.

It's bizarre because you'd think Amos would be better in coverage ... considering he played corner at PSU.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Man would it be nice to see the Rams put a whooping on the Vikings tonight and put them at 1-2-1 and us potentially moving to 3-1.

The Vikings then have a date @ Philly the following week.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
But why discuss tonight’s game and the Bears, lets talk about 2013, Cutler, and a guy who has never played for the Bears isntead.

FFS.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Man would it be nice to see the Rams put a whooping on the Vikings tonight and put them at 1-2-1 and us potentially moving to 3-1.

The Vikings then have a date @ Philly the following week.

It's pretty damn possible this is exactly what happens. The Rams are a great team, better than the Vikings IMO. Problem being, it's a Thursday night game, and these are always trash, and unpredictable.

From my perspective, it wouldn't shock me if the Bears are 3-1 at the beginning of next week, and the Vikings are 1-2-1.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who said he was or are you struggling with reading comprehension too?

Your right I was wrong

Still 2013 Pro Bowl was long ago. The fact you seem to be using it to prop up Reid makes my Cutty 2008 Pro Bowl just as relevant

Why are guys like Mitch playing over a more accomplished , talented and productive QB in Jay?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It's pretty damn possible this is exactly what happens. The Rams are a great team, better than the Vikings IMO. Problem being, it's a Thursday night game, and these are always trash, and unpredictable.

From my perspective, it wouldn't shock me if the Bears are 3-1 at the beginning of next week, and the Vikings are 1-2-1.

Yeah that’s the wild car in tonight’s game for sure, and add in the fact that Minnesota is coming off an absolute embarrassing performance last week. I could see them coming out hot tonight.

Let’s hope they don’t. I’d like to see a real piss poor Cousins performance.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rams problem tonight is they lost both starting CB's to injury last weekend and struggle to pressure QB

Having guys like Talib and Peters covers for the weakness of lack of pass rush as they can cover guys 1 on 1 with best of em

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yeah that’s the wild car in tonight’s game for sure, and add in the fact that Minnesota is coming off an absolute embarrassing performance last week. I could see them coming out hot tonight.

Let’s hope they don’t. I’d like to see a real piss poor Cousins performance.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect tonight. I think the Rams are the better team, but aren't they without both of their corners tonight? Vikes coming off an embarrassing loss. I wouldn't be shocked if they won. That said, the Rams are the super bowl favorite right now. Rare great Thursday night game tonight.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Rams problem tonight is they lost both starting CB's to injury last weekend and struggle to pressure QB

Having guys like Talib and Peters covers for the weakness of lack of pass rush as they can cover guys 1 on 1 with best of em
It's not like Suh and Donald are bad at collapsing the middle on the pass rush. The Viking OLs are terrible. That said, the Vikings WRs might be the best tandem in the league. It's an interestkng matchup.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect tonight. I think the Rams are the better team, but didn't aren't they without both of their corners tonight? Vikes coming off an embarrassing loss. I wouldn't be shocked if they won. That said, the Rams are the super bowl favorite right now. Rare great Thursday night game tonight.

Forgot they’re missing not just one, but two corners.

f***.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's not like Suh and Donald are bad at collapsing the middle on the pass rush. The Viking OLs are terrible. That said, the Vikings WRs might be the best tandem in the league. It's an interestkng matchup.

Suh is hit or miss

When he gives a damn he is hell of a player but he takes plays off often. Also they have 4 sacks in 3 games and it is proving to be problem

Donald is amazing player but he is surrounded by meh for most part in Rams front 7

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Eagles just lost their starting FS, Rodney McLeod, for the season to a knee injury.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Suh is hit or miss

When he gives a damn he is hell of a player but he takes plays off often. Also they have 4 sacks in 3 games and it is proving to be problem

Donald is amazing player but he is surrounded by meh for most part in Rams front 7

What?

3-0, NFL best 12 pts against. What's the problem exactly? 6th best in pass yards against despite playing most of the games up big.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What?

3-0, NFL best 12 pts against. What's the problem exactly? 6th best in pass yards against despite playing most of the games up big.

Starting year off with powder puff schedule helps

@ Raiders
vs Cardinals
vs Chargers

And having Talib/Peters covers for issue

Now with no Talib/Peters it becomes problem as well as moving into a more difficult stretch of schedule which includes games vs Vikings , Packers , Chiefs and Saints

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Suh is hit or miss

Are you just making this up? The only fact is the 4 sacks in 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad