NFL talk LVIII: Taking our Talents & Mitch to South Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
So your saying Mitch is weak mentally?

Fox isn't making Mitch miss wide open WR's and fail to see most of the field

Mahomes is far more talented a QB and always has been and his mental game was never issue in NCAA nor has it been in NFL
It was on this very board that I said that the Bears should pick Mahomes. My thesis was to trade down and get Mahomes in the middle of the 1st round. At the time, Mahomes was considered a late first round pick. However, even I admitted Mahomes was a gunslinger who might throw a lot of INTs in the NFL.

BTW, if you ever watched Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech and the Air Raid Offense ... you'd know Mahomes had issues with interceptions. He had 25 INTs combined in his sophomore / junior year. So yes ... Mahomes' football IQ was questioned. That said, Mahomes was the reason Baker Mayfield (Browns), Michael Brewer (VT's starting QB), and Davis Webb (formerly of the Giants) transferred from Texas Tech.

Mentally weak? I've questioned Trubisky's football IQ, but it's tough to question any professional athlete's mental toughness. Do you know how hard it is to succeed in high level college athletics? You can't be mentally weak.

If you don't understand how having Andy Reid as head coach, Matt Nagy as OC/QB coach, Alex Smith as QB mentor, Kareem Hunt as RB, Tyreke Hill as WR, and Travis Kelce as TE is a good situation ... you really don't know football.

You actually think Mohomes would have learned a thing with Jeff Fisher II and Patton Oswald as coach? I can only imagine how you'd react if Ryan Pace gave 2 firsts and a third to draft Mahomes.

It's funny you echo the concerns I had about Trubisky before the season started: 1. Feeling and moving in the pocket under pressure; 2. Finding his 2nd and 3rd progressions. Perhaps you should have listened to me instead of wasting your energy whining about Ryan Pace 24/7.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bears 3 point favorotes. Vegas likes Tampa more than I’d have expected with them on the short week and on the road.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
How many have won MULTIPLE Superbowls without one?
The answer is 2.
Sure, you can win one if you get everything coming together for one season. But that is pretty much all you get.

How many teams won multiple super bowls with an elite QB? 5 ever? Patriots (Brad), Steelers (Ben), Broncos (Elway), Niners (Montana), Cowboys (Aikman)

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So your saying Mitch is weak mentally?

Fox isn't making Mitch miss wide open WR's and fail to see most of the field

Mahomes is far more talented a QB and always has been and his mental game was never issue in NCAA nor has it been in NFL

Stop rewriting history. Mahomes was always considered the 3rd best QB in the draft and many people thought he'd fall into the late teens or 20's.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
No. I don't think either would have if Mitch isn't good. It's all about the Quarterback. Nothing else matters. If you have a HOF QB with a crappy defense, you can still win 10-11 games annually and make the playoffs. You probably won't win anything, but you'll still get there. You can't say the same about having a great defense and a crappy QB. The Bears had that for a decade under Lovie and only made the playoffs 3 times.

They made the freaking Super Bowl you dope. As many Super Bowls as Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees got to. Manning only got to multiple super bowls because he joined a team with an insane defense.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Bears 3 point favorotes. Vegas likes Tampa more than I’d have expected with them on the short week and on the road.
meh this game is a coin flip to me. Honestly, I see it being decided by more tha na TD, just not sure who wins haha.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
meh this game is a coin flip to me. Honestly, I see it being decided by more tha na TD, just not sure who wins haha.

I’m not sold on Tampa yet. They’ve played 2 dog shit defenses so far and a Philly team who hasn’t looked like they’re firing on all cylinders yet.

The Saints and Steelers are each giving up 400+ yards per game.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Many good safeties weren't signed until late in offseason , camp or preseason. A couple quality safeties are still sitting at home

None of them are even close to Reid, stop it. I like Carolina improving their secondary 10 fold right now. A bigger bonus he's still only 26.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Vacarro was better safety and he wasn't signed until August

This OMG Reid is victim while many safeties as good or better didn't get signed during FA is LOL

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Vacarro was better safety and he wasn't signed until August

Yea so much better Titans tried to bring in Reid before Vacarro but had flight cancellations? The guy PFF has considered higher in grades as a player? made a pro bowl? Vacarro also had sports hernia surgery that offseason. Probably why he wasn't signed until that time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yea so much better Titans tried to bring in Reid before Vacarro but had flight cancellations? The guy PFF has considered higher in grades as a player? made a pro bowl? Vacarro also had sports hernia surgery that offseason. Probably why he wasn't signed until that time.

Reid made a pro bowl what in 2013?

Cutty made a Pro Bowl and is unemployed ,, Disgraceful on NFL teams parts not to have Cutty out there starting while bums like Mitchell Trubisky play

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Reid made a pro bowl what in 2013?

Cutty made a Pro Bowl and is unemployed ,, Disgraceful on NFL teams parts not to have Cutty out there starting while bums like Mitchell Trubisky play
giphy.gif

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->