NFL talk LVIII: Taking our Talents & Mitch to South Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, I wasn't going to post about Cutler, but....

Cutler was the best Bears QB in living memory of most fans posting here. Literal factual statement.

By the way, that's not a compliment. That's a statement of fact about akin to stating that I'm the strongest male in my household, which means I'm #1 over a five month old baby and a nine year old cat. Literal factual statement as well.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
Well, I wasn't going to post about Cutler, but.... Cutler was the best Bears QB in living memory of most fans posting here. Literal factual statement. By the way, that's not a compliment. That's a statement of fact about akin to stating that I'm the strongest male in my household, which means I'm #1 over a five month old baby and a nine year old cat. Literal factual statement as well.
You're a character. ;) I'll take Jim McMahon, but I'm older.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Well, I wasn't going to post about Cutler, but....

Cutler was the best Bears QB in living memory of most fans posting here. Literal factual statement.

By the way, that's not a compliment. That's a statement of fact about akin to stating that I'm the strongest male in my household, which means I'm #1 over a five month old baby and a nine year old cat. Literal factual statement as well.
Cutler being the best QB in Bears history is winning the tallest midget contest.
That said, I really like what Pace has done with every aspect of the team other than QB. I have never been a fan of Trubisky and the acquisition cost. Ultimately if Mitch fails, it will cost Pace his job. The team has basically zero weaknesses other than depth in a few spots and QB. I have mixed feelings on the Mack trade because Trubisky isn't ready to win. That said, after Bosa who is going 1st next year there isn't much in terms of edge rusher in the 2019 class.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Jay-Cutler-dont-care.jpg

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If they could have gotten Mack without giving up that 2020 1st I'd be much more on board. If Mitch plays well and looks like a keeper in 2019 the 2020 1st doesn't matter much. The success or failure of the Mack trade is all riding on the right arm and brain of #10.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If they could have gotten Mack without giving up that 2020 1st I'd be much more on board. If Mitch plays well and looks like a keeper in 2019 the 2020 1st doesn't matter much. The success or failure of the Mack trade is all riding on the right arm and brain of #10.

I disagree. The Bears ability to win a super bowl is riding on #10, but the Mack trade is a huge success already and will continue to be regardless.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Matt Nagy's postgame presser after the Cardinals game..."ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE WIN..."

Will Nagy hold himself accountable and bench the QB if it gives the team the best chance to get a "W" ???

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mack alone gets them from 4-6 wins to 7-9. I can't see them getting any further unless Mitch takes a huge step forward. Otherwise it is gonna be Lovie's Bears all over again.

Mitch means nothing in relation to the trade. Mack is worth a 2 mid 1st round picks all days including the days that don't end in Y.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Mitch means nothing in relation to the trade. Mack is worth a 2 mid 1st round picks all days including the days that don't end in Y.
Yeah, but if you have some horrible injury luck it could end up top 5 so we dont know. Put it in worst case Scenario form: is Mack worth a top 5 and a top 12 pick in your opinion?

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

Even moreso with Pace's first round track record...

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
This next game is at home for a potential 3-1 start....

IF Mitch blows chunks again at home, he's gonna hear heavy Boo's and there WILL BE calls for him to get benched. Especially if the Bears lose a close game at home cause the offense can't score.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This next game is at home for a potential 3-1 start....

IF Mitch blows chunks again at home, he's gonna hear heavy Boo's and there WILL BE calls for him to get benched. Especially if the Bears lose a close game at home cause the offense can't score.

Key word: IF.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You basically are though.
Everyone assumes that Trubisky will be competent enough to keep them out of the top 12 in 2020. I don't, and I think he could be bad enough that they pick there anyway. The 2019 1st doesn't matter because they were using it on an edge rusher anyway. When Mack was holding out, I was all for trading for him as long as it didn't cost 2 1st round picks. It cost 2 1st round picks. Don't get me wrong, it is still a decent trade, but that 2nd 1st is where it gets dicey.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
You can complain about trading up one spot and giving up assets for Trubisky. Or even trading up for Floyd. I don't care.. but I would've gave up four 1st round picks for Mack and not thought twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->