NFL player sues league, home team, ESPN after suffering season ending injury

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Ouch. Not a good look
On the replay he stepped on a Matt/cover for electrical wires while trying to slow down and avoid hitting a sound guy or something. On the replay you see where the wires end up they were not plugged into anything.

In today’s world of wireless devices, can’t imagine that you still need wires especially for something that needs to be that close to the field. If anything is plugged in, it should be positioned near the players benches which is like 10 yards out of bounds.

Players imo should not try to avoid people on the sidelines. Just truck them. Run them over if they are not getting out of your way. Safer for you as a player.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
There is way too much going on on the sidelines. I'm surprised there aren't more injuries, especially on a serious nature. I still don't understand that tarp they have there next to the benches.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There is way too much going on on the sidelines. I'm surprised there aren't more injuries, especially on a serious nature. I still don't understand that tarp they have there next to the benches.
It was to cover the wire.

Here is a YouTube video of rhe injury. Stop at around 35 second mark and you will see at the orange 20 yard line marker that those wires are plugged into a device that was held by the guy in burgundy on the right with in ball cap. Like that thing couldn’t use a battery power source?

Is that the replay device that the nfl uses for the officials to do the replay?

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There is so much wireless technology now that why are they still using so much wires. I still think it's way too busy on the sidelines and they should make it a lot safer.
They can clean up some stuff on the sidelines. I don’t think that orange 20 yard market is needed. What’s the point of it?

But for players I stress again, do not concern yourself with with people on the sidelines. Run them over. Safer for you to not try to avoid people.

And that was the video review person in the burgundy shirt and that’s the screen that they use for the official to review the play. Like that can’t just use a battery? It is only needed for at most 6 coaches challenges if they get their first 2 correct plus the final 2 minutes of each half. So realistically it gets used like 5-6 times a game. There’s no power save mode in between reviews to save battery power or maybe have 2 of them if the battery can’t last upwards of 4 hours?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad