NFL/NCAA Coach Watch 2018/19

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I can get why they would. They made this huge investment into Garoppolo, but he’s only had 9 games of work with his QB coach.

That said, if you think this QB coach is so important, I hope they do right by him and give him one of those fake titles and a bit more money.

Well the 3 offensive assistants just signed extensions and new titles. Usually the teams will run the job by the coach and see if they want to interview for it and will cover for them if they don't.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It still doesn't feel right but I can understand it if it's an important coach, who you think will have a big role on your staff in the near future. For example, if you think Mike LaFleur could be your OC a year or two down the road. Blocking three different offensive assistants from potentially moving up though? That just comes off as a dick move. Do we really think the Niners asked LaFleur and he said no thanks to a promotion and job on his brother's staff?

Reactions: Pestilence

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It still doesn't feel right but I can understand it if it's an important coach, who you think will have a big role on your staff in the near future. For example, if you think Mike LaFleur could be your OC a year or two down the road. Blocking three different offensive assistants from potentially moving up though? That just comes off as a dick move. Do we really think the Niners asked LaFleur and he said no thanks to a promotion and job on his brother's staff?

Maybe. We'll never know.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles have been blocking Duce Staley from promotions for years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cory Undlin has to be getting some looks as a defensive coordinator. He's been a defensive backs coach off and on for years, but the job he's done with the Eagles and all the moving parts they've had in the secondary the last two years is ridiculous. Frank Reich might've brought him in if Matt Eberflus was hired elsewhere.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I'd be surprised if Kubiak turned down an OC job to take whatever role the Vikings might offer him but he'd be a good addition. His experience in working with QBs and calling plays could be very beneficial for Stefanski. Zimmer also likes having former HCs on his staff, especially on the offensive side.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It turns out he did take a non-HC/OC job. He didn't even go interview with the Jaguars so either that interest was overblown or maybe the Vikings just made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Zimmer likes having former HCs on his staff and this falls in line with what he did previously with Shurmur and Sparano. I'm guessing he'll leave the offense to Stefanski and Kubiak since he wanted both of them and he'll just focus mainly on the defense.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

According to that ranking of OL coaches, three of the top 12 are currently available (Pollack, Dennison, DeGuglielmo) and Callahan reportedly wants out of the dysfunctional Washington situation so he might be available as well. Of course you have to take player personnel into consideration so you can't expect results overnight but this appears to be a good time to be looking for a new OL coach.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lol Doug Moron has to have a winning season to keep his job and tabs a guy whose offense cost a championship caliber team a chance at even competing. He's gunna have a WORSE offense in JAX

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

How does he get another OC job so fast?

He went from being one of the top HC candidates to not even being considered after the disaster this past season so maybe you just have to take what you can get but going to another team that wants to run and one without a QB is an interesting choice. Maybe he thinks/knows he'll get to work with his guy Nick Foles again?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He went from being one of the top HC candidates to not even being considered after the disaster this past season so maybe you just have to take what you can get but going to another team that wants to run and one without a QB is an interesting choice. Maybe he thinks/knows he'll get to work with his guy Nick Foles again?

The Giants are not smart but if they were my money was on Eli being a Jag. Not great but a small upgrade over whatever they've got.

Not a Cousins fanboy but almost anyrhing they get won't be better.

Also isn't Fournette getting released or something for some team violation?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Jalen Ramsey taking shots at Perry Fewell saying god created him and no man. True maybe but the guy is becoming a tool of a human being. Why is he still chirping after the season they just had? He doesn't get it. Islands aren't good, hence no titles for Revis even when he joined almighty NE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad