NFL gets $110B for TV deals

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
ABC's NFL broadcasts should be presented in a way that appeals to fans who watched Frank and Al and Dan call MNF games on ABC in the 1990s, which would heavily de-emphasize the ESPN branding, and in cases where they are sharing broadcast rights to the same game with ESPN, would feature a different announcing crew and halftime show from the ESPN broadcast.

The MNF games airing on ABC should start at 9 PM ET, with a new episode of The Good Doctor leading in (normally it airs at 10 PM ET). Given how strong it is in the ratings, I can bet that The Good Doctor will still be making new episodes come the fall of 2023. It's actually one of my favorite shows, because the lead character is an aspie like me.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
300m per team a year..... wow.
I'll be shocked if rights holders turn a profit from this... regardless if it's TV or online.

Reactions: Morrison

wildthing202

May 29, 2006
This is an interesting deal since it might mark the death of Sunday Ticket in 2023. All games will be on a streaming platform. TNF on Amazon, SNF on Peacock, MNF on ESPN+, daytime AFC games on Paramount+ and NFC games on Tubi.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
This is an interesting deal since it might mark the death of Sunday Ticket in 2023. All games will be on a streaming platform. TNF on Amazon, SNF on Peacock, MNF on ESPN+, daytime AFC games on Paramount+ and NFC games on Tubi.

Well Tubi apparently will be just condensed games afterwards. Paramount+ will probably have geographical restrictions for CBS’ regional games. I doubt the NFL will allow the extra payday of Sunday Ticket to die (though it won’t be directv exclusive anymore).

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I wonder how much Bell Media (TSN and CTV) pays for the rights to broadcast games in Canada? Ratings for games are good and the Superbowl receives an average audience of approx. 8-9 million.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
I wonder how much Bell Media (TSN and CTV) pays for the rights to broadcast games in Canada? Ratings for games are good and the Superbowl receives an average audience of approx. 8-9 million.
I could only find old news. In all of the newer article terms weren't disclosed and there wasn't even a guess or figures on the prior deal

NFL extends partnership with CTV in Canada

CTV will carry the NFL regular season Sunday early afternoon game package, all NFl playoff games and the Super Bowl for the next four years. Financial terms were not disclosed but, according to Canadian press reports, CTV was paying almost US$15 million per year for its previous agreement with the NFL.
I'd guess deal is roughly 30-45 mil a year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->