Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That's why they are talking heads and not scouts for actual teams. I'd guess the talking head money is better at least?
Considering Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and Brock Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant, yet Ryan Leaf was 2nd overall and Tray Lance was 3rd overall...I don't think most scouts are any better when it comes to predicting QB careers.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Considering Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and Brock Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant, yet Ryan Leaf was 2nd overall and Tray Lance was 3rd overall...I don't think most scouts are any better when it comes to predicting QB careers.

It's just the blind faith I see fans put in the draft/prospect experts that gets me. The NFL draft/pick grades are either lovey dovey or brutal in their instant analysis. It's funny to read some of them as the draft gets deeper and guys they had much higher rated are still sitting there. The best for me is when a top-50 guy is still sitting there and some team picks a kicker/punter/long snapper. You can almost see the heads exploding when they give that grade/report.

Reactions: TaLoN

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What happens is these draft gurus just start repeating what they've heard other draft gurus say about a prospect and when enough draft gurus are all saying the same thing, conventional wisdom and narratives start to form and really take hold.

Then when a team picks a player and defies conventional wisdom, they get hammered by the draft gurus.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What happens is these draft gurus just start repeating what they've heard other draft gurus say about a prospect and when enough draft gurus are all saying the same thing, conventional wisdom and narratives start to form and really take hold.

Then when a team picks a player and defies conventional wisdom, they get hammered by the draft gurus.

I agree there is a lot of group think happening with gurus.

There are times when they are "correct" to blast picks (F. Jo. Manzel, Tebow for example) though.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I dont feel bad for Kirk, he made his money.

I feel bad for Penix. He's 24 now..depending how many years Kirk plays on his 4 year deal, Penix could be anywhere from 26-28 before he takes over. That sucks for him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I feel bad for Penix. He's 24 now..depending how many years Kirk plays on his 4 year deal, Penix could be anywhere from 26-28 before he takes over. That sucks for him.
Making 8th overall money doesn’t.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I think the whole ATL thing is hilarious. Tamper (and get caught) to get the FA QB you want, then turn around and use top-10 pick to draft another QB.

I'm just waiting for the NFL to come out and report that was the punishment MN decided at the draft for ATL due to the tampering.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the whole ATL thing is hilarious. Tamper (and get caught) to get the FA QB you want, then turn around and use top-10 pick to draft another QB.

I'm just waiting for the NFL to come out and report that was the punishment MN decided at the draft for ATL due to the tampering.
Maybe they will allow us to switch the 8th, and 10th picks, retroactively? That'll teach those Falcons a lesson.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Maybe they will allow us to switch the 8th, and 10th picks, retroactively? That'll teach those Falcons a lesson.

That would just be hurtful to MN. Next they'll make the state of MN call "hot dishes" by their proper name "casseroles"

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
That would just be hurtful to MN. Next they'll make the state of MN call "hot dishes" by their proper name "casseroles"

They already made us start using "couch" instead of "davenport".

Forcing us to use "casserole" instead of its rightful name would be a bridge too far.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They already made us start using "couch" instead of "davenport".

Forcing us to use "casserole" instead of its rightful name would be a bridge too far.

It's not like you're being made to adopt Iowa...

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Of all the names you mentioned, you didn't mention Russell, who is quite possibly the biggest draft bust of all time.

Drew Brees went in the 2nd round!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad