NFL Buffalo seeking $1+ billion from public for new stadium & threatening a move to Austin

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Under my proposal, the Steelers would still keep the Ravens as a rival. That's the one the matters the most.

Dallas in the NFC East is one of my biggest pet peeves. If they were in the NFC South now, they'd have Tom Brady in their division. He's more marketable than any QB for the other NFC East teams. Though long-term, geographic proximity and the potential rise of Ian Book would make New Orleans the biggest rival of the Cowboys.

Yes I realize fans will be disappointed at losing longtime rivalries. But the teams will develop new ones.
So, they should re-align based on 1 QB? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Not sure how you can say Browns-Steelers as a rivalry does not matter. Or, should they re-align every few years based on the new flavor of the month rivalries?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I can play along. I say re-align completely, get rid of NFC-AFC go East-West
East
Northeast
Giants-Jets-Pats-Eagles
Atlantic
Redskins-Ravens-Panthers-Titans
Southeast
Dolphins-Jags-Bucs-Falcons
Great Lakes
Steelers-Bills-Browns-Lions

West
Midwest
Bears-Packers-Colts-Vikings
Southwest
C*wb*ys-Texans-Saints-Cardinals
Pacific
Seahawks-49ers-Rams-Chargers
The I don't really Fit anywhere
Chiefs-Bengals-Raiders-Broncos

Bills move to Autin?
East
Northeast
Giants-Jets-Pats-Eagles
Atlantic
Redskins-Ravens-Panthers-Titans
Southeast
Dolphins-Jags-Bucs-Falcons
Great Lakes
Steelers-Browns-Lions-Bengals

West
Central
Bears-Packers-Colts-Vikings
Southwest
C*wb*ys-Texans-Saints-Bills
Pacific
Seahawks-49ers-Rams-Chargers
Midwest
Chiefs-Raiders-Broncos-Cardinals

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
This practice of build me a new stadium or I move needs to end in all sports.

Oakland Lost it's team twice over it.
LA lost two football teams over it

In the end , LA's team is back and all of LA's new stadiums are 100% private financing. There is zero reason why Buffalo's owner's can't build this themselves. NFL team's print money.
Buffalo's fans are nothing short of awesome and this is a giant slap in the face to them

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Skydome was overpriced and really didn't have many great seats for football.

might have been overpriced, but if NFL ever comes expect the tickets to be high, that was the purpose to feel out the market.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
This practice of build me a new stadium or I move needs to end in all sports.

Oakland Lost it's team twice over it.
LA lost two football teams over it

In the end , LA's team is back and all of LA's new stadiums are 100% private financing. There is zero reason why Buffalo's owner's can't build this themselves. NFL team's print money.
Buffalo's fans are nothing short of awesome and this is a giant slap in the face to them
All cities need to band together and agree not to pay for stadiums. But even then teams might still move on account that some markets are just more lucrative than others. Remember, Kroenke left St.Louis for privately built stadium in Inglewood.

Reactions: Lt Dan

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
All stadium negotiations start this way. There is 0% chance the Bills are moving. Bills Mafia are the best fans in any sport anywhere in the world. They're insane. We invade every other teams arenas like they are the away team. We just pulled 20k people to a practice at the stadium.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
All cities need to band together and agree not to pay for stadiums. But even then teams might still move on account that some markets are just more lucrative than others. Remember, Kroenke left St.Louis for privately built stadium in Inglewood.
True, but don't forget that the same team was in LA before it went to St Louis

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Dallas is an Eastern city in only the loosest sense of the term - that defining the East as the Eastern and Central Time Zones, which would put part of Texas in the Western US.

Back when the Rams were in St. Louis, I would have put the Cowboys in the NFC West with Arizona, San Francisco, and Seattle - Cowboys being a distinctively Western nickname. It would have made the rivalry with the 49ers all the more intense.

Are Dallas teams in Eastern conferences or divisions in any other major sports league? No. So therefore, the Cowboys shouldn't be in the NFC East either. I do advocate a four-league realignment of MLB which will stop the Texas Rangers from having to play 9 series on the West Coast every year as they do now (and for that matter, the Houston Astros).

Dallas has more in common with Atlanta and New Orleans than NYC, Philly, or DC. NC teams share divisions with DC teams in the NBA and NHL as well. Plus, former Panthers coach Ron Rivera now coaches Washington. Rivera would relish coaching against his former team twice a year.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
All stadium negotiations start this way. There is 0% chance the Bills are moving. Bills Mafia are the best fans in any sport anywhere in the world. They're insane. We invade every other teams arenas like they are the away team. We just pulled 20k people to a practice at the stadium.
None of that matters. Buffalo is a dying city. NFL would love nothing more than give one of 32 spots to a more economically vibrant city.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Dallas is an Eastern city in only the loosest sense of the term - that defining the East as the Eastern and Central Time Zones, which would put part of Texas in the Western US.

Back when the Rams were in St. Louis, I would have put the Cowboys in the NFC West with Arizona, San Francisco, and Seattle - Cowboys being a distinctively Western nickname. It would have made the rivalry with the 49ers all the more intense.

Are Dallas teams in Eastern conferences or divisions in any other major sports league? No. So therefore, the Cowboys shouldn't be in the NFC East either. I do advocate a four-league realignment of MLB which will stop the Texas Rangers from having to play 9 series on the West Coast every year as they do now (and for that matter, the Houston Astros).

Dallas has more in common with Atlanta and New Orleans than NYC, Philly, or DC. NC teams share divisions with DC teams in the NBA and NHL as well. Plus, former Panthers coach Ron Rivera now coaches Washington. Rivera would relish coaching against his former team twice a year.
So, the NFL should re-align so cities are more in-line with the alignment of the other sports? They should re-align so a coach can face is old team twice a year? What happens when Rivera leaves Washington? Should the Patriots be put with the Giants for the Belicheck-Judge scenario? No offense, but your stance here is the walking epitome of an old man yelling at the clouds.

Reactions: oknazevad

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
When the Browns left Cleveland, people said they had the best fanbase. It means nothing. With stubhub and ticketexchange, it is not nearly as difficult to get tickets to road games as it used to be.

Reactions: berklon

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
None of that matters. Buffalo is a dying city. NFL would love nothing more than give one of 32 spots to a more economically vibrant city.

In what ways is it a dying city? More people moved here then left for first time since the 1970s. The real estate market is insane. I just left the car of a friend who is real estate agent and lost home after offering $50k over asking for $170k house. It’s an exploding market, not a dying one.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
When the Browns left Cleveland, people said they had the best fanbase. It means nothing. With stubhub and ticketexchange, it is not nearly as difficult to get tickets to road games as it used to be.
The browns are still in Cleveland and it was one of the NFLs biggest mistakes and they admitted that. The nfl commissioner is from Jamestown a suburb of Buffalo. I’d bet anyone on here real money the bills don’t leave Buffalo. Any takers?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The browns are still in Cleveland and it was one of the NFLs biggest mistakes and they admitted that. The nfl commissioner is from Jamestown a suburb of Buffalo. I’d bet anyone on here real money the bills don’t leave Buffalo. Any takers?
Didnt stop them from moving when they didnt get a new stadium. They got the team back AFTER the new stadium was done. The new Browns never had to play at Municipal Stadium. Goddell's background, if anything, will cause him to try to get the city to give-in. If they can't reach an agreement ant the owners are serious about moving the team or a sell and move, Goddell will not be able to block it.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
In what ways is it a dying city? More people moved here then left for first time since the 1970s. The real estate market is insane. I just left the car of a friend who is real estate agent and lost home after offering $50k over asking for $170k house. It’s an exploding market, not a dying one.
$220K buys a house in Buffalo? Not a number to brag about.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
$220K buys a house in Buffalo? Not a number to brag about.

So a house has to be expensive to make it a good market? My point being is the demand is high. Your logic is flawed. Either way, put your money where your mouth is, lets see it.

Should we get rid of the Detroit Red Wings? I mean the median home value in Wayne county is 145k. In Erie county where the Bills are its 182k.

County Median Home Prices and Monthly Mortgage Payment

Last edited:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
So a house has to be expensive to make it a good market? My point being is the demand is high. Your logic is flawed. Either way, put your money where your mouth is, lets see it.
I don't care enough about whether they get a new stadium in Buffalo, stay in Rich Stadium, or move to place a bet on it.

Good market in what regard? What it shows it shows is it is a cheap market.

Reactions: NextBigThing

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I don't care enough about whether they get a new stadium in Buffalo, stay in Rich Stadium, or move to place a bet on it.

Good market in what regard? What it shows it shows is it is a cheap market.

Should we get rid of the Detroit Red Wings and Lions? I mean the median home value in Wayne county is 145k. In Erie county where the Bills are its 182k.

EDIT:

Median home price according to Zillow is 145k in Wayne County and 225k in Erie county where the Bills are.

https://www.zillow.com/wayne-county-mi/home-values/

https://www.zillow.com/erie-county-ny/home-values/

The same actually goes for Kansas city, Cincinnati, and Green Bay.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Should we get rid of the Detroit Red Wings and Lions? I mean the median home value in Wayne county is 145k. In Erie county where the Bills are its 182k.

EDIT:

Median home price according to Zillow is 145k in Wayne County and 225k in Erie county where the Bills are.

https://www.zillow.com/wayne-county-mi/home-values/

https://www.zillow.com/erie-county-ny/home-values/

The same actually goes for Kansas city, Cincinnati, and Green Bay.
1) are any of those teams looking for new stadiums? Lions and Bengals have new stadiums. Not sure on the age of Arrowhead, but hae not heard they are looking for a new stadium. Wings just built a new arena. Green Bay? They'll never need a new stadium. 2) Is anyone from those cities bragging about the price of homes in those cities?

I disagree with the concept of publicly funded stadiums as studies have shown there is no economic benefit to the local economy. But, unfortunately it is a reality. If the city/county/whatever plays hardball, the Bills can find a city that will give them what they want, so they need to be careful here. My original point to you is that the Bills mafia will not be enough to keep the Bills in Buffalo. They can break folding tables and squirt ketchup and mustard on each other in Austin, as well.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
1) are any of those teams looking for new stadiums? Lions and Bengals have new stadiums. Not sure on the age of Arrowhead, but hae not heard they are looking for a new stadium. Wings just built a new arena. Green Bay? They'll never need a new stadium. 2) Is anyone from those cities bragging about the price of homes in those cities?

I disagree with the concept of publicly funded stadiums as studies have shown there is no economic benefit to the local economy. But, unfortunately it is a reality. If the city/county/whatever plays hardball, the Bills can find a city that will give them what they want, so they need to be careful here. My original point to you is that the Bills mafia will not be enough to keep the Bills in Buffalo. They can break folding tables and squirt ketchup and mustard on each other in Austin, as well.

You stated that Buffalo has a cheap housing market as a means to justify how the market here sucks and were proven wrong.

Every one of those negotiations started the same way and will end the same way. The local taxpayers always end up with a big part of the bill. The Bills will have a stadium in Buffalo. If you bet me, it would be the easiest money I've ever made.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
You stated that Buffalo has a cheap housing market as a means to justify how the market here sucks and were proven wrong.

Every one of those negotiations started the same way and will end the same way. The local taxpayers always end up with a big part of the bill. The Bills will have a stadium in Buffalo. If you bet me, it would be the easiest money I've ever made.
I didnt say housing market sucks. I said it was cheap.

Great, enjoy that easy money you are not going to make. Again, my point is "best fan base" is not going to mean anything in this case.

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
$170k gets you a house in Buffalo? Damn, that wouldn’t get me a one room shack where I live lol

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Then why won't they move the Chargers?
In case you didn't know The Chargers are a giant f***ing mess and are caught up in all kinds of litigation

The Chargers have a giant mess of ownership right now. Parts of the Spanos family as trying to force a sale Spanos lawsuit moves to San Joaquin County, a win for Chargers ownership - ProFootballTalk

LA didn't want them in the first place. They really only moved because one of the Spani wanted to block the Raiders from moving there. (Which Los Angelinos actually wanted to happen)

The Chargers have now ostracized San Diego, who loved them. They are the ugly red headed step child in LA and honestly their best bet is to probably sell the team and move back to San Diego. San Diegans would be very forgiving of new ownership like Los Angeles was with the Rams after the wicked witch died.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->