NFL Brady gets $2m in licensing royalties

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Very, very few players in any sport have been as transcendent as Brady. The fact that he's not only still playing, but still playing at an absolutely elite level, at the age he's doing it, is literally unprecedented. I can't think of any player, in any sport, which has reached that age and is still effectively in his prime. In all of sport the only other guy I can think of who was still bringing it in age 42 was Nolan Ryan.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Very, very few players in any sport have been as transcendent as Brady. The fact that he's not only still playing, but still playing at an absolutely elite level, at the age he's doing it, is literally unprecedented. I can't think of any player, in any sport, which has reached that age and is still effectively in his prime.

Bourque being 2nd in Norris voting, AS-1, 7-52-59 playing 26 min a night in his final season @40

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Bourque being 2nd in Norris voting, AS-1, 7-52-59 playing 26 min a night in his final season @40
That's 40, and that's nothing to sneeze at, but that was Bourque's final season. Brady is still going.

I did contradict myself a bit because at the last second I did remember one example -- Nolan Ryan pitched at an elite level until age 45, so "literally unprecedented" isn't true, but that's the level of elite talent Brady represents, and that's impressive in its own right.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Very, very few players in any sport have been as transcendent as Brady. The fact that he's not only still playing, but still playing at an absolutely elite level, at the age he's doing it, is literally unprecedented. I can't think of any player, in any sport, which has reached that age and is still effectively in his prime. In all of sport the only other guy I can think of who was still bringing it in age 42 was Nolan Ryan.

Bernard Hopkins was still a very good boxer and a champ late in his 40's. Earned the nickname "The Alien" for being a freak of nature in this regard.

Wonder how long will Federer remain elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad