OT: NFL 2019

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I think 8-8 is a worst case scenario. Bill Belichick is still a helluva coach. The Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

3-3 in division games is the low end for the Pats. Swept by the Bills and 3-1 against the Jets and Dolphins.

2-2 against the AFC West is worst case. Loss against KC. Beat a bad Chargers team. Denver and Vegas are both bad so 1-1 is the worst case against those two.

1-1 in the other AFC games. Lose to Baltimore and beat Houston.

2-2 against the NFC West. Lose to Garoppolo and the 49ers, while beating the Cardinals are easy guesses. Rams should be a win. Seattle will decline but the Patriots lose that game in a worst case scenario.

I see the Cardinals as a playoff team so i don't see how the Patriots beat them. They might beat Houston but they always play the Patriots tough so that's not a slam dunk imo. I don't think its out of the question that New England splits the games between the jets and dolphins.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The Arizona Cardinals were 5-10-1 last year. What do you see that makes you think they take a big, big jump this year?

Added Hopkins. Kenyan Drake wasn't there until mid season. He looked good once he got there. They have good elements on defense with Hicks, Jones & Peterson.

Also they lost alot of close games last season. I don't think they were as bad as their record indicates

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Added Hopkins. Kenyan Drake wasn't there until mid season. He looked good once he got there. They have good elements on defense with Hicks, Jones & Peterson.

Also they lost alot of close games last season. I don't think they were as bad as their record indicates

Simmons is going to be huge for them too.

Their pass defense is going to improve a ton with him covering TEs.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Brady's last 7 games are either at home or in a dome.

Is that questionable to anyone else how the last 7 games of his season when the weather is cold are either in a dome or in tampa bay?

And this is coming from a huge brady fan.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Brady's last 7 games are either at home or in a dome.

Is that questionable to anyone else how the last 7 games of his season when the weather is cold are either in a dome or in tampa bay?

And this is coming from a huge brady fan.

Looks similar to their 2019 schedule. Last 8 games were all either at home, domed stadiums or warm weather locale.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure the guy is that good to begin with. And he's beenout of the league for a couple/three years now.

Of course, anyone that cuts him is going to be facing the race card troublemaker accusation.

Seems like a bit of a PR move with Tyrod Taylor and Justin Herbert already there at QB.
I think a lot of it is a PR move, but at the same time there are some bad backups in the league. Wasn't there someone that was a teacher in 2018 in a high school? Robert Griffin somehow is still around.

Really don't know what Colin himself wants, but if he is okay with being a backup or even third string I'm sure there is a team he can play for.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Not sure the guy is that good to begin with. And he's beenout of the league for a couple/three years now.

Of course, anyone that cuts him is going to be facing the race card troublemaker accusation.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the NFL does return.

There are a number of NFL season ticket holders (no, I don't know the percentages) who have said that they will not attend the games if the players kneel in large numbers. Other casual fans have said that they will not watch if this happens. Is it just a bluff? I don't know.

Even before the Floyd murder and the virus, the NFL was facing some serious questions regarding viewership and entertainment value.

-For years, the criticism of the CFL was that there is a penalty on every play but it seems to me that the NFL has gone the same way.

-Commercials, commercials, commericals. How many Domino Pizza ads can you watch before you want to end it all? They even skip a few plays now and then to try and squeeze in another extra ad. It becomes unwatchable.

-Cost-- My wife and I toured Soldier Field a few years ago and were told that you could get a lower bowl seat during the regular season for 900-1000 bucks (U.S.)

We shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad