OT: NFL 2019

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Brady is a robot.

WIth the four teams in the conference championships I'm ok with anything but a Chiefs repeat Super Bowl win if the league pulls some bullshit shadiness changing the concussion protocol rules. Although Chad Henne winning a Super Bowl as a backup QB would be a helluva story.
I will be shocked if he plays. He couldn’t even stand up.

Reactions: shoop

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Sad to see Brees play like this in his last NFL game. Saints basically imploded. No pressure on old man Brady today. Hopefully the Pack destroy the Bucs next week.

I've been a Saints fan since I started following NFL in early 2000's and I really thought this was their best team and best chance to have another crack. Kind of ironic that after years of him doing everything you could ever ask of a qb and the team coming up short, that in his last game, last chance, he played probably one of his worst games as a Saint. Even before his injury it was clear he had lost a step, the arm strength and accuracy just wasn't there anymore and Peyton adjusted his offence to compensate. The last few weeks it's been clear he still wasn't 100% as they maybe attempted one passing play over 20 yards during that time, he was clearly still suffering the effects of that injury.

I don't know if a guy like him can go out on a note like that, they still have a good team so I could see a situation where either he signs for one more year but they greatly reduce the number of snaps he takes or he keeps himself in shape and around the team and if they are in a playoff position down the stretch he signs late season for one more kick at the can.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I've been a Saints fan since I started following NFL in early 2000's and I really thought this was their best team and best chance to have another crack. Kind of ironic that after years of him doing everything you could ever ask of a qb and the team coming up short, that in his last game, last chance, he played probably one of his worst games as a Saint. Even before his injury it was clear he had lost a step, the arm strength and accuracy just wasn't there anymore and Peyton adjusted his offence to compensate. The last few weeks it's been clear he still wasn't 100% as they maybe attempted one passing play over 20 yards during that time, he was clearly still suffering the effects of that injury.

I don't know if a guy like him can go out on a note like that, they still have a good team so I could see a situation where either he signs for one more year but they greatly reduce the number of snaps he takes or he keeps himself in shape and around the team and if they are in a playoff position down the stretch he signs late season for one more kick at the can.
I read reports even before the season started and he was still healthy, that his arm strength had deteriorated a fair bit. That presents a huge problem, as teams can stuff the box and shut down all the short stuff if you can't threaten them downfield.

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I read reports even before the season started and he was still healthy, that his arm strength had deteriorated a fair bit. That presents a huge problem, as teams can stuff the box and shut down all the short stuff if you can threaten them downfield.

Yeah it's likely been happening for a couple seasons, they haven't been tossing a lot of deep balls the last few years, they've moved to running the ball more, a lot of screen plays and quick short tosses to sure handed receivers.

They definitely need to draft a guy this year, a guy like Trask probably in their range and would be a good target, maybe Mac Jones if he falls. Either that or try and swindle the Texans for Watson. But I feel like the Saints are a good team so if they do their due diligence and get the right guy they could probably provide the environment for him to come in and establish himself in a season or two.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

If it's any consolation, the Dolphins lost 62-7 in Dan Marino's final NFL game. ;)

Reactions: Stoneman89

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
My picks for Conference Championship Weekend:

Tampa Bay vs Green Bay
Buffalo vs Kansas City

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Green Bay looks unstoppable right now. Firing on all cylinders, in all facets of the game.

Patrick Mahomes just seems a little vulnerable this year. Yes, they had the best record in the league and only lost 2 games, but they just haven't seemed as dominant this year. I'm going with my heart and taking Allen and the Bills.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I always enjoy this guy's videos. He put this out a few weeks ago:

Basically he shows that Maholme's tendency to take a 10+ yard drop to air it out opens him up to sacks that his offensive line can't do anything about. He also talks about how the Chiefs usually struggle against teams that run two high safeties and take away the home run throw.

Well, the Bills were second in the league in fastest average time for QB pressure and they're pretty famous for running two high safeties with two guys who are really good in coverage.

Go Bills!

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Horrible missed hold to allow the Bucs to get an INT.

My heart wants a Packers/Bills matchup so bad...but I suspect the league will manipulate games to allow for Chiefs/Bucs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad