OT: NFL 2019

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
@Roof Daddy

Lawrence declared for the draft today. Being a Junior, I thought he had another year of school but be damned if he didn't already graduate in December (marketing major). I suppose he didn't really have anything left to prove at the college level aside from gunning for a Heisman but with a national championship title under his belt, he has what matters at the NCAA level.

I hope the Jags get their crap together. They're getting a superstar QB in the making.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
@Roof Daddy

Lawrence declared for the draft today. Being a Junior, I thought he had another year of school but be damned if he didn't already graduate in December (marketing major). I suppose he didn't really have anything left to prove at the college level aside from gunning for a Heisman but with a national championship title under his belt, he has what matters at the NCAA level.

I hope the Jags get their crap together. They're getting a superstar QB in the making.
Being a consensus number 1 pick there is nothing that college could've done for him. Even if he didn't have a degree there would be no reason to go back into the draft.

Joe Burrow got a guaranteed 35mil contract and is apparently living off of his endorsements instead.

Why you risk going back to college and getting hurt. I'm sure with that long hair head and shoulders will be knocking on his door rather soon. Actually now that he declared I suspect there will be a lot of people gunning to endorse him rather soon.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
@Roof Daddy

He had nothing to prove even before last year and would have been the #1 pick in last years' draft. He's been NFL ready for a few years but the college eligibility rule didn't allow him to declare 2 years out of high school.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He had nothing to prove even before last year and would have been the #1 pick in last years' draft. He's been NFL ready for a few years but the college eligibility rule didn't allow him to declare 2 years out of high school.

Being a consensus number 1 pick there is nothing that college could've done for him. Even if he didn't have a degree there would be no reason to go back into the draft.

Joe Burrow got a guaranteed 35mil contract and is apparently living off of his endorsements instead.

Why you risk going back to college and getting hurt. I'm sure with that long hair head and shoulders will be knocking on his door rather soon. Actually now that he declared I suspect there will be a lot of people gunning to endorse him rather soon.

I follow NCAA football closer than NFL so I think it's a great rule to have they have to be a 3rd year junior before being able to enter the draft to enter the pros. Call me old school, but it's education before sports. People get hurt all the time in car crashes or illness. Lawrence had Covid earlier this fall, that could have ended his career too, regardless of his age and fitness level. Regardless, I'm not going to get into fruitless disagreement on why college players should stay if they haven't graduated from university yet but on the flip side, I'm sure many take correspondence courses or attend during the off season to eventually graduate.

Fully agree on the endorsement deals coming his way though, we may as well get used to his face now because it will be everywhere.

I don’t like Lawrence . I don’t care for overtly religious athletes . The one perk of NHLers

Kind of a bizarre reason not to like someone in my opinion. There are hard core religious NHL players too, Mike Fisher was one. NFL players are just more vocal about it.

ghostnights

Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton
I follow NCAA football closer than NFL so I think it's a great rule to have they have to be a 3rd year junior before being able to enter the draft to enter the pros. Call me old school, but it's education before sports. People get hurt all the time in car crashes or illness. Lawrence had Covid earlier this fall, that could have ended his career too, regardless of his age and fitness level. Regardless, I'm not going to get into fruitless disagreement on why college players should stay if they haven't graduated from university yet but on the flip side, I'm sure many take correspondence courses or attend during the off season to eventually graduate.

Fully agree on the endorsement deals coming his way though, we may as well get used to his face now because it will be everywhere.

Kind of a bizarre reason not to like someone in my opinion. There are hard core religious NHL players too, Mike Fisher was one. NFL players are just more vocal about it.

I don’t think it’s bizarre at all. It comes off as obnoxious.

Reactions: joestevens29

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Dang, this is gonna be a great finish in Buffalo.

And where would Josh Allen be without Stefon Diggs?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Diggs definitely helps, but Allen is night and day improved mechanically. Probably my favorite player in the league to watch right now.

Super disappointing with the news about Alex Smith. I was hoping he'd get a win so bad. It's going to take a miracle to win with Taylor Heinicke starting haha.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I love Allen for throws like this.

He looks like he playing catch in the backyard with his kid, but then it's a perfectly placed 40 yard bomb. So effortless.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Meanwhile, the Washington Nonames are giving the Bucs a close game. Might not win, but it's a close game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

And conversely, where would Stefan Diggs be without Josh Allen? Apologies to KC, but I think Buffalo is the most exciting team in the league right now. Hopefully they can advance and play KC in the conference final. That would be a special game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I love Allen for throws like this.

He looks like he playing catch in the backyard with his kid, but then it's a perfectly placed 40 yard bomb. So effortless.

The guy has an incredible arm. Just a flick of the wrist and it's gone. And amazingly, after being at the bottom of the league for accuracy the prior 2 years, he was 4th this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->