OT: NFL 2018 Season

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The guy would be paid as the top back, he doesn't want to stay there long-term. So what exactly is he trying to accomplish?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The guy would be paid as the top back, he doesn't want to stay there long-term. So what exactly is he trying to accomplish?
Using literally the only power he has, withholding services, to get a situation more amicable for him, not really sure what's hard to understand.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is an awful game to watch lol.

Both QBs combining for a passing percentage of about 50%.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I won't profess to know what Bell wants, but I know he doesn't want to provide Services to the Steelers, so that's fine, because he has not other option.

I will profess. He wants guaranteed money and is taking a gamble he will get more by sitting then signing then he would being ridden into the ground by a bad Steelers team this year.

Personally I probably would have taken the $40 million but I digress.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I will profess. He wants guaranteed money and is taking a gamble he will get more by sitting then signing then he would being ridden into the ground by a bad Steelers team this year.

Kirk Cousins started the move towards fully guaranteed contracts. I'll bet that's at least part of what Bell is holding out for.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Kirk Cousins started the move towards fully guaranteed contracts. I'll bet that's at least part of what Bell is holding out for.

Yah not happening. I would be absolutely shocked if any position outside QB gets fully guaranteed.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Yah not happening. I would be absolutely shocked if any position outside QB gets fully guaranteed.

Eventually it will got that way. A little odd that the NFL is the only one of the four major north american leagues that doesn't have fully guaranteed.

If Bell is willing to make that sacrifice so be it.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
There's a rumour floating around that Bell might report Saturday.

And as a Bears fan, loving Mack to Chicago...if Trubisky is the real deal (big IF), they could be in the playoff mix.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Eventually it will got that way. A little odd that the NFL is the only one of the four major north american leagues that doesn't have fully guaranteed.

If Bell is willing to make that sacrifice so be it.

The NFL is also a significantly different then the other sports. If all contracts become guaranteed guys will be making significantly less money. Which won’t happen.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

That's fair, I would have as well, but I will never fault these NFL guys for looking after themselves, because the league is designed to eat them alive and throw them away.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I could be wrong, but he can't even get a long-term deal now. Thought I read he passed the deadline. It's really take franchise tag or nothing

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This is an awful game to watch lol.

Both QBs combining for a passing percentage of about 50%.
Third year running I have Julio Jones. Sure hope he beats his 3 TD's from last year. Not holding my breath

Should've fought for a PPR category this year

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Man that game on Thursday was... a game.

Thursday games are usually crap.

It really be a much better product if the league went back to the Thanksgiving games are an exception, but that should be the only exception in most cases.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I’m not into fantasy pools anymore. I don’t have the time for it but I do love playing the suicide or elimination pool. Anybody still play those?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’m not into fantasy pools anymore. I don’t have the time for it but I do love playing the suicide or elimination pool. Anybody still play those?
I do a couple. Still do fantasy as well, really helps your generally understanding of the NFL as well.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I won't profess to know what Bell wants, but I know he doesn't want to provide Services to the Steelers, so that's fine, because he has not other option.

he wants guaranteed money, the steelers offered him $70+ M over 5 seasons but only 11 was guaranteed. he wants security and the steelers wont do it. doesnt help his case that a no name RB put up his numbers,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->