WJC: Next years seedings

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
I know you should never assume, but lets say USA beats Finland... Then Canada and USA both beat the swiss, and russia beats finland.. the canada vs sweden game could be alot more than just this years gold medal as next year would look like this:

1- Can/Swe 2- Can/Swe
4- Swiss 3- USA
5- Russia 6- Finland
8- Slovakia 7-Czech
9- Germany 10- Norway

same as this year where there will be 4 quality teams in one pool. There is still alot of hockey to be played but with unexpecting teams like Slovakia and Switzerland winning it mismatches the pools for the following year which makes it that much more important to win.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
This is still the only way to do it imo since there are new players every year. 3-8 is different each year, last year it was Slovakia and this year it's Switzerland. Czechs didn't exactly impress me to the degree I'd call them a "quality team". This isn't the same as top6 in seniors. Oh, and may I point out the "worse" group took 3 of 4 semi final spots this year.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
This is still the only way to do it imo since there are new players every year. 3-8 is different each year, last year it was Slovakia and this year it's Switzerland. Czechs didn't exactly impress me to the degree I'd call them a "quality team". This isn't the same as top6 in seniors. Oh, and may I point out the "worse" group took 3 of 4 semi final spots this year.

I wouldnt call it the worse group, just not the same depth, and like you said new players every year. You are right about the depth in this competition that only 4 (usa, canada, russia, sweden) are contenders. There are always teams like slovakia that have a few good players to get them higher (tatar, panik, janus) but these players leave and the country doesnt have this happen every year. If Niederriter (sp) was a 1990 id be really worried, hope to see him back here next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad