Next up: Legace lets loose on NHLPA strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
shveik said:
I have to say I agree with what Legace is saying. If the NHLPA knew that they cannot stomach to be locked out for more than a year, then they should have bent over in September. But in September, all you could hear is that they are prepared for 2 year stoppage.

That my friend, is called a bluff. And the NHL called it.

Man I'd love to play poker with Goodenow. I'd make millions.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
personally, i'm so exhausted from all the fan in-fighting about pro-owner/pro-player/anti-player/anti-owner that i just don't care who won or who lost. it's pretty unfortunate that the nhl/nhlpa has been able to pit fan against fan regarding which side will get richer.

both sides are still going to make more money next year than me so i just want to see nhl games with nhl players again.

on the boards

Feb 28, 2005
1.) The feelings expressed by Mr. Legace on the 7/9/05 are very similar to those expressed in an earlier article quoting Mr. Legace's frustrations with the NHLPA's strategy in recent negotiations. The quotations being cited in the 7/9/05 article were made on Saturday (7/9/05) as stated in the article's first paragraph.

2.) gotta love a guy who is calling for the owners to roll back ticket prices by 24%:
With the players already conceding a 24 per cent rollback, Legace said NHL teams should cut ticket prices by the same percentage.

''It would be a great boost for public relations,'' he said. ''Teams like the Red Wings will be spending about $40 million on payroll instead of $75, so they should give some of that money back to the fans.''

3.) This is going to get a uglier before it gets better and Goodenow is going to be the lightning rod for the ire of the players, who should also be holding their executive committee responsible as well-- Linden, Damphousse, Irbe, Boughner. I suspect the infighting will be heated...

GSC2k2*

on the boards said:
1.) The feelings expressed by Mr. Legace on the 7/9/05 are very similar to those expressed in an earlier article quoting Mr. Legace's frustrations with the NHLPA's strategy in recent negotiations. The quotations being cited in the 7/9/05 article were made on Saturday (7/9/05) as stated in the article's first paragraph.

2.) gotta love a guy who is calling for the owners to roll back ticket prices by 24%:

I guess Manny is not satisfied with taking a mere 24% pay cut? Does he not realize that if you cut ticket prices, you thereby cut revenue and 54% of every ticket dollar lost is 54% the players lose?

I am sure his heart is somewhere around the right place, but he appears to be a shining example of players' appreciation for simple economics.

ResidentAlien*

hawker14 said:
personally, i'm so exhausted from all the fan in-fighting about pro-owner/pro-player/anti-player/anti-owner that i just don't care who won or who lost. it's pretty unfortunate that the nhl/nhlpa has been able to pit fan against fan regarding which side will get richer.

both sides are still going to make more money next year than me so i just want to see nhl games with nhl players again.
What he said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad