Next Up and Coming Goaltender

Destroyah

Aug 24, 2008
Hi, I was just wondering if there was any highly thought of goaltender that hasn't been drafted yet. What I mean to say is, like any seventeen and under goalie that is showing some immense promise for the future.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I am not a scout, and do not follow all leagues. Two I know of are Jordan Subban from the Belleville Bulls and Matt Murray who I got to watch this year in the Soo. Murray is a big goalie, needs to fill out, but has great reflexes and poise. His main weakness this year was lateral movement, he should be the goalie in the Soo for the next 2-4 years, and a good pick in next years draft.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Per Jim Matheson from the Edmonton Journal, Tri-City Americans general manager Bob Tory has gone out on a limb and says Bill Comrie’s goalie son Eric “has potential to be as good or better than Carey Price. He’ll be a starting goaltender in the NHL.â€

Last edited:

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Steffen Soberg looks like a very good prospect, but any time you talk about "the next" it seems to imply greatness, and there are few sure things about goalie prospects.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
I don't know if you just meant undrafted goalies, but the Wings have a kid, Petr Mrazek, in the OHL who is looking pretty stellar so far. Smaller but really athletic and draws a lot of comparisons to the Dominator interestingly enough (he is Czech). If anybody has had a chance to see him play I would like to get your thoughts on him.

The link below is an article posted on redwingscentral.com:

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2011/03/16/1096/mrazek-keeps-getting-better-in-ohl/

R S

Sep 18, 2006
John Gibson.
Eric Comrie sounds awesome but I have yet to see him.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Comrie is supposedly the best in canada however I believe there is a goaltender in quebec who is on par.I forget his name I want to say its belanger but I'm not sure

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
I am not a scout, and do not follow all leagues. Two I know of are Jordan Subban from the Belleville Bulls and Matt Murray who I got to watch this year in the Soo. Murray is a big goalie, needs to fill out, but has great reflexes and poise. His main weakness this year was lateral movement, he should be the goalie in the Soo for the next 2-4 years, and a good pick in next years draft.

Unless you are talking about up and comming D man, Jordan Subban should not be mentioned in this convo. He is a D-Man and based on scouting reports, he could very well be a solid up and coming D.

You were probably referring to Malcom Subban who is the goalie for the Bulls, and from what I've heard he might be a back up at best.

member 30781

According to a lot of 95's, Ian Jenkins was going to be the next best thing that was until he got into an accident and his family took him off life support yesterday. It's a real shame. The US had a real special kid waiting in the rafters and it all goes down the drain. Hate to hear stories like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
It is really sad. No official word as of yet on his condition though. Hopefully the slim chance he has to pull through is what happens.

Helsingin Jokerit

Mar 13, 2011
I dont know how young guys you are looking for, but Finnish goaltender Samu Perhonen (eligible this year) should be a good one.

Ville Husso is a '95 born highly touted finnish goaltender who plays for the HIFK B-Juniors, may got some SM-A starts next season. I think that he will be a star in the NHL someday.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Oscar Dansk

Currently the youngest player in the Swedish Elite League.
He's going to be the number one ranked European Goalie next year. His style of play is much like Gustavssons. He is expected to have a higher potential though.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I knew his last name was Subban, and I only got to see him once. I know he played U17 or U18, so I figure he probably had some skill. I know Matt Murray is a good one, that's about it for draft eligible goalies this year, or in years to come.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Comrie is supposedly the best in canada however I believe there is a goaltender in quebec who is on par.I forget his name I want to say its belanger but I'm not sure

I guess you mean François Tremblay of the Val D'Or Foreurs. He's already 6'2 and 194 lbs at 16. I hope he gets the starting job next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad