Next Senators Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebedom

Nov 27, 2003
Who do we have in the depth chart that could make their roster next year. I would have thought Brooks Laich but he's been traded to Washington. We have a couple of guys who are two maybe three years away such as Brochenski, Eaves, Mirnov and maybe Kaigorodov. Platil and Schubert are also a few years away on defence.

On the farm Payer may replace Van Allan and Vauclair may replace Leshyshyn but that is it. There are a few guys that will fill roster spots in Bingo next year from Junior and the NCAA (Dobben, Potulny, Komandoski), don't know who will come over from Europe if anyone to challenge.

I think Spezza, Vermete and Langfeld will be better next year and White will bounce back. Pothier and Volchenkov will also be better with Vauclair going back and forth. Emery obviously needs another year in Bingo to get better. But we are still too soft at all positions and no one waiting in the wings to step in.

What do you think? How do we improve this team? Through trades or from the system?

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
rebedom said:
Who do we have in the depth chart that could make their roster next year. I would have thought Brooks Laich but he's been traded to Washington. We have a couple of guys who are two maybe three years away such as Brochenski, Eaves, Mirnov and maybe Kaigorodov. Platil and Schubert are also a few years away on defence.
QUOTE]

You might be pleasantly surprised with Bochenski. He may end up going pro after next year. He has been every bit as impressive as Parise in the production department for UND and he has a larger frame to work with. He may be ready to begin a limited role with Ottawa within two years, one more year of college, half a year in the AHL. That of course depends on how he responds to playing in college without Parise next year, but I expect him to still put up good numbers playing with Brady Murray. More conservatively look for Bochenski to play one more year at UND and then jump into the AHL for a couple years before making it to Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad