Next seasons points for Draisaitl

How many points will Draisaitl get next year?

• 80-90

• 90-100

• 100-110

• 110-120

• 120+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Around 80 I think. He’s got a very good shot, but as has been mentioned, he’s unlikely to shoot above 20% next year.

Tough to know for sure though. I think a lot depends if the scoring league wide this year is an anomaly or if it becomes the norm.

Reactions: Aerrol

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
There’s still another player on the line. If you change Kassian out for say Nyquist, that’s an upgrade

I'm skeptical there's a lot of room to grow production from that top line even if you add a better winger to the mix, there's only so many points to go around.

The thing is, if he’s playing as the 2C, it means we upgraded our wingers, so he wouldn’t still be playing with 4th liners. And even then, he’d still play PP1 with Connor

Even if he's playing as a C with better wingers than he's had, they won't be as good as McDavid so you could expect some dip in 5v5 production.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
I'm skeptical there's a lot of room to grow production from that top line even if you add a better winger to the mix, there's only so many points to go around.

are you kidding?

It's not like a team gets 1000 points a year to distribute amongst themselves.

A better winger = more chances you get an assist or goal.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
Well, I have no idea what you're arguing here. I do know a 22% SH% is unsustainable in a league where average is 9-10% and elite is like 12-14%.

ok. he's clearly the best passer on this team, and possibly in the league. get him 2 decent wingers and his point totals will be really high even if he scores less.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
85+ points with improved defensive play centering the 2nd line... would make him like the 3rd-5th most valuable C's in the league.

He's an elite player, but I expect his offense to come down while he becomes a more valuable 2-way guy.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Around 80 I think. He’s got a very good shot, but as has been mentioned, he’s unlikely to shoot above 20% next year.

Tough to know for sure though. I think a lot depends if the scoring league wide this year is an anomaly or if it becomes the norm.

Was also coming here to say this. His shooting percentage will go down, but I think his overall point totals will depend on where scoring goes in the future. It's up quite a bit this year, and I voted 90-100 with the assumption that he plays a full season with some McDavid time and scoring stays approximately the same.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Brace yourself: regression is coming.
Not disputing your shooting percentage point in general, but I wonder ..... how many of Draisaitl's goals this season have been of the variety he scored against CBJ? It seems to me Ive seen him score a lot of goals into yawning cages. He's never going to start missing those set ups.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I would bet on regression but there's nothing wrong with 80ish pts from Draisaitl. If he gets more then it's a nice surprise.

Reactions: B33K33PING

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
30-45-75pts. If the team is going to do better McDavid and Draisaitl will both suffer from less points.
Tell that to Tampa Bay and Kucherov. If this team ever gets a legit point threat (Bouchard hopefully) than there pp production will increase just like Kucherovs has. The only difference between Kucherov and Mcdavid this year is that Kucherov has like 12 more pp points which is almost the difference in their overall production this year. The pp will continue to run through Mcdavid/Drai and it they actually have options at the point instead of having to do basically everything down low they will increase their pp production which will increase Drais overall production.

Reactions: B33K33PING

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
With McDavid 90+

If the new GM find a legit winger instead of sign career 3rd or 4th liners and hoping the pull another Maroon out of of the crap pile . I all for trying these guys on the cheap but every line should have one legit winger .

*Note this an example scenario only . I am not saying to go get these players

McDavid Pastrnak maybe bring back Maroon on the cheap for the LW

Maybe Benson is ready Drasaitl J.T Miller

Kreider RNH Puljujarvi if he gets it together

3 scoring lines all with a proven winger . Edmonton would be a hard team to shut down

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
70-80 points. Mostly cause he will be on his own line instead of with McDavid most nights hopefully

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
70-80 points. Mostly cause he will be on his own line instead of with McDavid most nights hopefully
Unless the oilers manage to add some real top 6 wingers they are probably going to spend more time together than apart. They both benefit immensely from playing together and are the best tandem in the league. More often than not the team can’t afford to play them apart.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
Don't say you weren't told when the crash happens.

why do you hate Draisaitl so much? He's part of the Oilers, are you a fan of the Oilers? You should want the whole team to succeed. I hope you don't call yourself a true fan.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
why do you hate Draisaitl so much? He's part of the Oilers, are you a fan of the Oilers? You should want the whole team to succeed. I hope you don't call yourself a true fan.

So because I don't expect Draisaitl to maintain his current unsustainable scoring clip I hate him?

If having unrealistic, pie-in-the-sky expectations is what makes someone a true fan then I guess I'm not one.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I'm the only guy so far to pick 110-120:)

Its really hard to gauge with this team. Does he play with Connor or not, if not who's his linemates and how well will they play together.

Without some changes I see him playing mostly with Connor hence a bigger improvement over this season. These two will only continue to improve.

Now for the rest of the team :pullhair: they have to continue with putting forth the same effort as we've seen lately, but for the whole season instead. It's no coincidence that the first and second shots aren't going in when the team is showing up ready and putting it all on the line each night. The past half dozen games have been a real eye opener.

Reactions: Wewillrise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad