• Sprong Daniel

• none of them

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Forward lines should not change much the next season. McMichael may probably take the 4LW spot.

Lars Eller and Richard Panik will be on the 3rd line.

In this scenario who you take for the last top9 role?

PlayerOverallSniperPlaymakerPhysicalDefensiveSpeedShootsAgeContractFancy hair
Boyd Travis⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐R26800Kok
Hagelin Carl⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐L312,750Kjust the Best
Hathaway Garnet⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐R281,500Kok
Kovalchuk Ilya⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐R37~1,500K ???excellent mentor for the young players
McMichael Connor⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐L19925Kmay do better
Pánik Richard⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐L292,750Kok
Sprong Daniel⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐R23750KNO!
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Lars Eller and Richard Panik will be on the 3rd line.

How do you assume Panik will be on the third line, but Hagelin might not? I much prefer 14 to 62 as a top-9 forward, but both were given contracts on the assumption they were third liners, and when Kovalchuk came in it was Panik bumped down to 4LW, not Hagelin.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Pretty confident the 3rd line will be Hagelin Eller and Panik next season. Hagelin and Eller are as good as they can be and Panik has seemed to find his way

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Pretty confident the 3rd line will be Hagelin Eller and Panik next season. Hagelin and Eller are as good as they can be and Panik has seemed to find his way

I think all three players have a role to play on the team, but they struggled as a three man unit, and only started to improve when separated.

I wonder how point totals would change if Oshie took some shifts with Hags and Eller and Panik took some with Vrana and Backstrom. The Vrana-Backstrom-Oshie line has fallen rather quiet this year, and Panik has the skill and speed to potentially keep up with Vrana and Backstrom offensively (while being fairly defensively responsible). Oshie would bring a significant scoring touch to the third line, while making it a true shutdown line.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
How do you assume Panik will be on the third line, but Hagelin might not? I much prefer 14 to 62 as a top-9 forward, but both were given contracts on the assumption they were third liners, and when Kovalchuk came in it was Panik bumped down to 4LW, not Hagelin.

Because Kovalchuk is awful defensively and plays a similar game to Panik. Hagelin is a way better fit for Kovalchuk.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Because Kovalchuk is awful defensively and plays a similar game to Panik. Hagelin is a way better fit for Kovalchuk.
Kovy isn’t coming back to WSH. I’m sure he will do what he does best, chase money by going to play for a team like Montreal. And I’m not hating on him for doing that FYI.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Kovy isn’t coming back to WSH. I’m sure he will do what he does best, chase money by going to play for a team like Montreal. And I’m not hating on him for doing that FYI.
It's funny you bring that up... watching Montreal play that system to beat Pitt & remembering how well Kovy fit in there compared to how he looks here...

Just more ammo against Reirden

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
With a tight salary cap and Panik’s cap hit, I don’t think we can afford to pay him as a fourth liner.

I dont think there is a chance in the world that Panik would be a happy camper on the 4th line if they are playing 4th line toi.

I think Reirden talked to him after the Kovy trade, he has said as much, and I confident he told him this was just for the playoffs and he wasnt losing his job

Reactions: HecticGlow

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Why is Panik guaranteed a 3rd line spot when Hagelin isn't? The opposite seems far more likely

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
I dont think there is a chance in the world that Panik would be a happy camper on the 4th line if they are playing 4th line toi.

I think Reirden talked to him after the Kovy trade, he has said as much, and I confident he told him this was just for the playoffs and he wasnt losing his job
Given his chemistry with Hathaway and Dowd, and his lack of chemistry with Eller...I’m not sold this is the case.

Also, wouldn’t be surprised if Sprong gets a hard look on the third line.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Given his chemistry with Hathaway and Dowd, and his lack of chemistry with Eller...I’m not sold this is the case.

Also, wouldn’t be surprised if Sprong gets a hard look on the third line.

I think the critical issue will be role. I doubt that Panik is going to be happy with 10 mins toi when the 3rd line is getting 14. He is not a 4th line player. With Eller out the 4th line is playing more. Good chemistry with linemates that sit on the bench the most isnt happiness

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Panik -- Boyd -- Eller -OR- Panik -- Eller -- Boyd is an option in my mind for the 3rd line.

I see McMichael with Dowd and Hathaway on the 4th line. Sprong and Pinho as 13th and 14th forwards.

goodbye Hagelin and Kovalchuk

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Hagelins not going anywhere. Is this you saying that's what you'd do, or what you think will happen?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Panik -- Boyd -- Eller -OR- Panik -- Eller -- Boyd is an option in my mind for the 3rd line.

I see McMichael with Dowd and Hathaway on the 4th line. Sprong and Pinho as 13th and 14th forwards.

goodbye Hagelin and Kovalchuk

What makes you think Hagelin is going anywhere? He's the coaching staff's favorite penalty killer and he's finishing the first year of a four year contract extension.

Reactions: Calicaps

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Didn’t Panik say earlier this year that he’s more comfortable at LW? For the bottom six, I would go:

Panik/Eller/Sprong (or McMichael)
Hagelin/Dowd/Hathaway

Hagelin is a great energy guy with good speed and does a helluva job on the PK, but he’s borderline 3rd line guy now IMO—I know they had similar numbers this year but I think Panik has more goalscoring ability at this point in their respective careers. Plus, Panik and Eller would really help mask the defensive shortcomings of Sprong (and possibly McMichael as he acclimates to the NHL) at the RW spot. Lastly, a Hagelin/Dowd/Hathaway fourth line would be a real pain in the ass for other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->