Next Potential European Head Coaches/General Managers

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I know its a long shot at this current time in the nhl, but who are some europeans with potential to step into these nhl positions. I know Jarmo Kekkalainen is the first euro-nhl GM, but he has done quite well. Idk if he could be an nhl candidate but Jari Kurri is known as a good manager in finland. Are there any other candidates? For euro-coaches there's only been 2 in history and they were pretty terrible, but times change. I know of Rikard Gronberg and maybe Ulf Samuelsson but not much else. Id love to see more euro-Front office/managing/coaching positions in the future. You guys have any thoughts on possible candidates/names who could work? Either now or maybe in the future.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What's he done? Have they even won a playoff round yet?
He has set the franchise record for points in a season, wins in a season, and taken the team from being a bottom dweller to playoff regular.

It's unfortunate they faced Pittsburgh and Washington in the first round the past 2 seasons.

For Columbus, getting the franchise to a place to even make the playoffs is huge given how poorly managed they were in the past.

Reactions: Ukki and Viqsi

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
What's he done? Have they even won a playoff round yet?
I realize they haven't won a cup yet but Kekkalainen has done a good job of building and setting up Columbus for the future. He's made some nice additions in Jones, Panarin, etc. He's also made some good draft picks in Werenski, Dubois, etc. I like Columbus chances over the next 5 or so years and I can see this team possible winning the cup one day. If they would have beat Washington in the playoffs this year (up 2-0) who knows what could have happened. Also Jarmo did a good job in helping rebuild St. Louis before he came to Columbus. I see Jarmo as a great GM. Are there or who could be the next Jarmo Kekkalainen? The only name I know of is Jari Kurri

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Sturm expressed his desire to one day be a coach in the NHL but said so himself he still needs to learn a lot and go through the ranks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad