Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I feel the same way but if Ruff takes Williams' "eye in the sky" role that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I don't want Ruff to stay in his current role.

Would like that idea. Still think Ruff is a good coach. he's been saddled with a patched together team (buffalo) and then shit goaltending (dallas)

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Keefe’s winning style could give Marlies’ boss a ride to NHL | The Star

t’s a compliment Keefe doesn’t take lightly, but says he doesn’t dwell on. He considers hockey a continuous learning process, and that’s what makes winning complicated. Game plans and structures can change shift to shift.

That means thousands of hours of video, individualized player training programs (on and off the ice, in-season and off-season), studying analytics, communicating with hockey people and shedding just enough ego to allow different ideas into your routine, even if they don’t work

Marlies centre Jean Dupuy has had Keefe as a coach since junior in the Soo, and says he’s still the same: a solid communicator with a sense of humour and no-nonsense voice of authority.

“He doesn’t neglect older guys just because we’ve had our shot in our careers. He believes in development at any age,” Clune said of Keefe, “and that’s been a benefit for me … when I came (to the Leafs from Nashville), there was a shift going on in my game, and the way Sheldon approached it, it helped me re-adapt to hockey and the ways it was being played.”

I'm 90% positive this is Gorton's guy.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
31 Thoughts Podcast

Elliotte Friedman said the biggest complaint with AV is telling players to turn the other cheek. Not just in NY. Vancouver too. He thinks AV could end up in Dallas.

Elliotte believes Kirk Muller could be an option.

Gorton said on Monday we have seen coaches in their second go around be successful. Mike Sullivan. Bruce Cassidy.

Friedman said someone told him David Quinn could be the guy after someone else said it won't be Quinn.

He keeps saying the Rangers are going the other way. The previous way was big name and long resume.

Jeff Marek keeps thinking are bringing in the big name coach and big free agents because it's the Rangers.

Where the **** has that gotten them over the years? Nowhere.

e.g. suck the life out of the team

Basically what we've been watching for 3 f***ing years. God I am so happy this guy is gone. Go f*** up Dallas already

Reactions: haveandare

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Jeff did say he thinks coaches in their second go around could have a lot of success.

I like Peters and the style he's implemented in Carolina. Has not had the results, but terrible goaltending and no help from his GM to add required help up front, have doomed him and the Canes.
He's part of the Team Canada coaching team for international events and is well thought of around the league. Only thing I'm not sure of, is his turn the other check mentality, which I think he's part of, seems quite reserved behind the bench...
Funny that with all the winning seasons and successful playoff runs, AV has never been part of Team Canada coaching staff in any capacity...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I like Peters and the style he's implemented in Carolina. Has not had the results, but terrible goaltending and no help from his GM to add required help up front, have doomed him and the Canes.
He's part of the Team Canada coaching team for international events and is well thought of around the league. Only thing I'm not sure of, is his turn the other check mentality, which I think he's part of, seems quite reserved behind the bench...
Funny that with all the winning seasons and successful playoff runs, AV has never been part of Team Canada coaching staff in any capacity...
He's most likely very difficult to work with. League managers probably know this about him. His narcissism definitely comes into play, seems to think he is better than everyone else. You can't have that around other adults, it makes for a sour room.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Rangers in a good position right now, only two openings in the NHL they should be able to have their pick of who's out there

Surprised the Flames haven't made a change, and we'll know about Carolina by Friday

As for the Islanders, just lol

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Why not?

In Nashville he showed that he can grow with a team and in Washington he’s been unlucky to go against loaded Pens with subpar goaltending. His teams play hard and he’s not known as a prospects killer.
Gorton said he wanted a “fresh” coach, Trotz is most definitely not that

Reactions: GregSirico

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
He is not. But maybe the outside the box choice is Scott Stevens? I liked Brooksie's article on him as a possibility.
I’m not as thrilled with Stevens either, I don’t think the defenses he ran were actually as good as they were perceived to be. My personal top 3 would be (in no order) Keefe, Montgomery, or Pascal Vincent. All young, ready to take the next step, and have a good track record of winning and developing players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad