Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Alf%2Biafrate%2Bcopy.jpg

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
He is a joke.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Been sayung it for years because his coaching ability and systematic flaws have been evident even through his “tremendous regular season record.” **** lets just celebrate that. His poor coaching and defensive system have been the achilles heel to what has prevented him from being a championship coach.

Ignorance is bliss.

Agree 100%. AV is the Andy Reid of hockey. Compiles good regular season stats, gets pretty far into the playoffs, but has not and will probably never win the championship.

Reactions: GregSirico

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Agree 100%. AV is the Andy Reid of hockey. Compiles good regular season stats, gets pretty far into the playoffs, but has not and will probably never win the championship.
I used to think the same thing (I’m a chiefs fan btw) but I’ve come the realize that Fat Andy is 20x the coach AV is

It really is not even close

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What do you guys think of Barry Trotz? The guy has to be an even worse coach than AV right? Dude has never made it out of the 2nd round and has had more talent than AV with the Rangers many years.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What do you guys think of Barry Trotz? The guy has to be an even worse coach than AV right? Dude has never made it out of the 2nd round and has had more talent than AV with the Rangers many years.
If Gorton is looking to tank for another year or two, Trotz would be ideal.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Hated Scott Stevens the player, but if they hired him to be the coach I would vomit first and feel awkward but I would be 100% down. Bring in Marty St. Louis to be an assistant too. Stevens and St. Louis would bring fire, leadership and a new attitude.

Reactions: TheTakedown

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If Stevens was solid as an associate coach, and he has the patience to work with younger players, he may be the best candidate for this team over the next 3-4 years.

He could a Tom Renney type hire.

Reactions: TheTakedown

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Messier not spending even one season coaching since retiring ten or more years back is a huge red flag. He’s just not interested.
He WAS in 2013. Left the organization after AV was hired, lest I rocks a brain tumor. Apparently that's not why, I don't know. Has he even coached juniors or a mite time... coaches don't really start off flying at the top level.

Reactions: Inferno

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Messier is the greatest Captain and maybe greatest player for the Rangers in the modern era, but it just goes to show, he could have coached in the minor leagues prepared, but he chose to do other things with his time. Things aren't just going to be handed to him based on name recognition.
Messier is the best Ranger ever. Leetch is a close second. remember he's like top-7 in NHL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad