Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Keefe's background should play a part in the decision making but I figure - only to a certain extent. Like if there's another comparable candidate but without "Frost" background then it would weight against Keefe. However, if he's by far the front runner then this should not become a barrier. From what I read there's nothing in his last decade long past that would indicate any lingering effects of any kind or a connection to his junior years. Keefe already got a second chance with TML - organization that as comparable to NYR in terms of clout, heritage, press coverage, fan base etc as any out there. IMHO there's too much of a separation at this point between his distant and recent past.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Messier is the greatest Captain and maybe greatest player for the Rangers in the modern era, but it just goes to show, he could have coached in the minor leagues prepared, but he chose to do other things with his time. Things aren't just going to be handed to him based on name recognition.

Reactions: egelband

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Memes on HF Ranger board that need to die

1). The Rangers should sign John Tavares

2). Messier should be the next Ranger coach

3). ....

3. Current player/coach/arena peanut vendor is the cause of everything

4. GIRARDI! [regardless of wether he was even playing that night]

5. [several years later] I miss current player/coach/arena peanut vendor

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

DJ Smith, come on down...

Keefe not being near the top of the is kind explainable, if you think that the names near the top are likely coaches who will be available sooner rather than later. That being said, Gorton did say that he doesn't think it's important to have a HC named by the draft. Although he did say he'd like to have one by July 1st, which is something I agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->