Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Quinn isn't leaving his dream job, his alma mater, his superb recruits, his position replacing a legend and role model
not everyone wants every bit of more, bigger,better
he can justifiably (not that everyone would agree) believe he has the best coaching job in USA at any level

IMHO, I'd be glad to promote coach Keith.

other names, maybe Luke Richardson (currently on Weight's NYI staff i think)
Rick Bennett from Union, but he may just want a Hockey East recruiting/scholarship budget as his criteria for next job

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Of the ones that are for sure available (no college coaches or junior coaches like Sheldon Keefe, Rocky Thompson, Benoit Groulx and Mike Van Ryn), the two that stand out are Darryl Sutter and Dave Tippett. However, I don't know if either of them is right for a rebuilding/retooling team though.

Other names include Brent Sutter, Dan Bylsma, Adam Oates, Bob Hartley, Dale Hunter and Paul McLean

We could also wait to see who gets the axe around the league

And then there's Messier...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
We need to see who is actually on the roster as next season approaches.

A lot of these prospects will be packaged at some point.

Joe Q most likely doesn’t want a development job.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
NYR_HC_Wiseman_2.jpg

He'll teach the Rangers to never take slapshots, because I've been told they're illegal in the women's game. Apparently. I guess.

Reactions: Ori

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Quinn isn't leaving his dream job, his alma mater, his superb recruits, his position replacing a legend and role model
not everyone wants every bit of more, bigger,better
he can justifiably (not that everyone would agree) believe he has the best coaching job in USA at any level

Yeah I think it’s a long shot with Quinn but I’d love him

Gorton has made his name in the NCAA and to lesser extent European markets

I hope they look for a coach in these places and don’t fall into the same old rut of recycling guys who have been fired previously

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Whoever it is, they need to meet the two following criteria:

1. Being able to coach Millenials, and soon Gen Z.
2. Run a fast system.

The biggest challenge some of the old hard-line coaches have is with coaching millenials. It comes up over and over again. It's the reason why you don't see those long tenured coaches as the head man any more. Guys that have won in the league.

So however they go with, IMO it should be a guy that played in the 90s, maybe early 2000s. Older ones... I'm not sure how they handle a young roster.

Talking about guys like Sutter (who I like), Tippet, Jacques Martin.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Of the ones that are for sure available (no college coaches or junior coaches like Sheldon Keefe, Rocky Thompson, Benoit Groulx and Mike Van Ryn), the two that stand out are Darryl Sutter and Dave Tippett. However, I don't know if either of them is right for a rebuilding/retooling team though.

Other names include Brent Sutter, Dan Bylsma, Adam Oates, Bob Hartley, Dale Hunter and Paul McLean

We could also wait to see who gets the axe around the league

And then there's Messier...

I want him back with this organization in some way but I'm not sure as coach. I think he'd be happier as GM one day after Gorton.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, we will see closer to the summer who is available, but I don`t believe that AV is an ideal coach for this rebuild.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Whoever it is, they need to meet the two following criteria:

1. Being able to coach Millenials, and soon Gen Z.
2. Run a fast system.

The biggest challenge some of the old hard-line coaches have is with coaching millenials. It comes up over and over again. It's the reason why you don't see those long tenured coaches as the head man any more. Guys that have won in the league.

So however they go with, IMO it should be a guy that played in the 90s, maybe early 2000s. Older ones... I'm not sure how they handle a young roster.

Talking about guys like Sutter (who I like), Tippet, Jacques Martin.
I’m gonna spam his name, but I have a feeling it’s Groulx. He has experience coaching young guys, and his former Juniors players loved him. He was good for Canada at the WJC too, and is doing well with Syracuse’s young guys.

Brayden Point gave some good insight on him in an interview after the WJC

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is he the one that crapped all over his team saying they sucked...or was that the Swiss coach,

That was the Swiss coach :laugh:

HC: "We're totally gonna lose and they're way better than us"

Media: "Is that what you told your players?"

HC: "Wtf do you want me to tell them, that they're going to beat Canada?"

Media: "..."

Classic stuff

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
That was the Swiss coach :laugh:

HC: "We're totally gonna lose and they're way better than us"

Media: "Is that what you told your players?"

HC: "Wtf do you want me to tell them, that they're going to beat Canada?"

Media: "..."

Classic stuff
Not gonna lie....a little part of me wants to hire that guy....just for the interviews alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->