Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Price is a pretty mediocre playoff goalie.

He and the Habs were crazy lucky to get by Boston (who hit something like 16 posts in that series.) I think the Rangers probably wrap up the Habs series sooner if Price doesn't get hurt.

Though had Boston not run into some really crappy shooting luck, I don't think we get by them in the ECF that year.

Not at all. This isn’t ancient history we are talking about here pal.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
That Rangers team was the superior team on paper and on the ice

Not sure what series you watched

The series that went to 6 games well after Price was KO'd.

I'm not saying the Rangers wouldn't have beaten Montreal had Price still been in the series.

Anyway, this is the "next coach thread", and my OP about the ECF being close had more to do with another case of revisionism now that we, the sheeple, no longer like "AV's System" and long for the days of Tort's Kinda Guys or when FIRE RENNEY!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think I saw an article calling for Messier to be hired, but I can't be sure.
I feel like that article gets written every time the Rangers are in the market for an HC. And every time, he still has like no coaching experience.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Why in Gods name was Ryan Sproul on the ice for the second half of that last PP with the net empty???

Please fire this idiot

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Not sure if this is sarcasm, especially the second part of what you said.

Hope its not because it was inexcusable to have Sproul out there over countless other names.

I'm saying it was a must win for the Rangers, and if we could have tossed this Russian Bias for an analytics coach in the NCAA or Mark Messier in order to tweak the roster last night, we would have been basically even with the Capitals.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm saying it was a must win for the Rangers, and if we could have tossed this Russian Bias for an analytics coach in the NCAA or Mark Messier in order to tweak the roster last night, we would have been basically even with the Capitals.

I've yet to hearing a compelling reason to not fire him. People wanted to fire Renney and Torts and AV and they'll wanna fire the next guy isn't a good reason. Well it'll end anyway, why bother.

He was brought here to coach a team that was cup run ready. He had plenty of time, it didn't happen. Time to move on.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I've yet to hearing a compelling reason to not fire him. People wanted to fire Renney and Torts and AV and they'll wanna fire the next guy isn't a good reason. Well it'll end anyway, why bother.

He was brought here to coach a team that was cup run ready. He had plenty of time, it didn't happen. Time to move on.

They will in the summer, which is the correct decision.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Have there been any credible reports suggesting the Rangers are planning on firing AV?
No. The organization is being tight-lipped about it, as they should be. We have the non-answer from GMJG earlier in the month and that's about it. That, and just general assumptions he'll be gone since this year was mostly a shit show.

I have my doubts.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
https://nypost.com/2018/03/26/why-t...medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

The adage in sports is that you can’t change all the players, so you change the coach, instead. Except that management has already changed nearly all the players over the last two years, with another couple likely on the move this summer. Indeed, only seven guys — Henrik Lundqvist, Staal, Skjei, Chris Kreider, Kevin Hayes, Mats Zuccarello and Jesper Fast — who played in the 2016 first-round defeat to the Penguins remain on the roster.

But the more things have changed in the personnel department, the more they have stayed the same in the defensive zone even as the Rangers have had three different assistant coaches running the blue line — first Ulf Samuelsson, then Jeff Beukeboom and now Lindy Ruff — over the last three seasons.

Over the last three seasons, with and without Derek Stepan, with and without Derick Brassard, with and without Girardi and McDonagh and with and without Yandle and Dylan McIlrath, the Rangers have allowed the third most five-on-five attempts against and the third-most shots against; have the third-worst attempts percentage; and, the second-poorest xGA, according to the numbers on corsica.hockey.

Perhaps more damning, even in acknowledging that subjectivity can be applied to defining “high-danger chances,” the Rangers have allowed more of them than every other team in the league over the last three years, according to naturalstattrick.com. These numbers merely confirm the eye test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad