Speculation: Next domino to fall

Who's getting the heave ho?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Murray is the only one who is gone 100% so he is the safest bet here. By safest, I still mean less than 50% that he is the very next move to come. But it will come, so I am gonna guess him. Bjugstad, JJ and Horn are gonna be very hard to move, for various reasons. My second guess would be McCann.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Kapanen out west for a gritty, slow 20 point winger who can fight. Gritty slow winger to be traded midseason - after falling out with Sullivan - for Conor Sheary. Sheary on L1 with Sid.

And then he’s going to follow that up in 2022 by reacquiring Kapanen for another first round pick, making him the first player any single GM has spent three first round picks on in league history...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think it's Murray.

I think that Jarry has made Murray expendable and that Murray's contract demands are going to make him the easy choice for JR to move him out.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Murray is the safe bet here.

I'm still holding out hope it is Murray+JMFJ to Detroit. I think it makes sense for both sides.

Reactions: Jacob

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Probably Murray to somebody looking for a long term goalie.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Voting McCann because

a) Murray might have to wait for UFA to be settled
b) Rutherford might get stubborn about what he should get for Bjugstad and JJ
c) Just to be different damnit

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I thinks its murray.

not only is he the surest bet to get moved period, but i actually think he goes before the UFAs because hes so young. And had the 2 cups.

i think team will at least see how he shakes out before throwing buckeys of money for top end UFAs

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It should be Murray...I hope JR is telling teams to check in with his agent to see if they can work out a short extension and what he’s looking for...that might help move him...

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Murray is the safe bet here.

I'm still holding out hope it is Murray+JMFJ to Detroit. I think it makes sense for both sides.
The only thing that I can’t fit into the puzzle is the return.. anything from Detroit that’d help us is something they wouldn’t part with. And we’re not gonna acquire futures after just dealing our 1st.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
The only thing that I can’t fit into the puzzle is the return.. anything from Detroit that’d help us is something they wouldn’t part with. And we’re not gonna acquire futures after just dealing our 1st.

My suggestion was Chomlowski and Darren Helm. Helm has warts but he's only signed for one year, he's fast, and wins faceoffs. So he could fill in for the year as our 3 or 4c. I would think Detroit might want to unload a bad contract if they're getting one in return. Chomlowski is a project but still has plenty of upside; he could compete with POJ for the left d spot on the bottom pairing.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
My suggestion was Chomlowski and Darren Helm. Helm has warts but he's only signed for one year, he's fast, and wins faceoffs. So he could fill in for the year as our 3 or 4c. I would think Detroit might want to unload a bad contract if they're getting one in return. Chomlowski is a project but still has plenty of upside; he could compete with POJ for the left d spot on the bottom pairing.

Darren Helm is still in the NHL?

Reactions: pensfan71

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
My suggestion has been Glendening. And if Detroit doesn't think JMFJ is as much of a negative as we do, maybe you can recoup a future. You'd have to be OK with Blueger as your 3C I suppose, but Glendening is a RH center who's good on the draws and used to a heavy defensive workload. He's cheap and he's only got 1 year left. He's a good skater. He's not too old. He's relatively physical. He's had some decent years despite being on the shitshow that is your Detroit Red Wings. It's admittedly not a great return for Murray, but the real benefit is dumping JMFJ without having to retain anything.

Reactions: Jacob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad