Speculation: Next Devils Captain

Next Devils Captain

• Total voters

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't really care. Just because Greene isn't a good player anymore doesn't mean that he sucks as captain, so I'm fine with him remaining captain. I'm more worried about cutting his minutes big time.

Wasn't there a leak of some promo video with Hall wearing the C on his jersey? Remember? Right after the season ended? It's going back to least May sometime.

It will be interesting to see if that's legit or not. I guess we'll find out in the next 2-3 weeks, unless they don't do it until the regular season starts in 5 more weeks. And if they do put the C on Hall, I'd assume it would go straight to him and not something where it's vacant throughout training camp, so we'll probably find out sooner rather than later.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I voted Palms. We can only go by what we see, and I see more "captain" in him than Hall. Either would be a good choice, as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: SYWTom

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Was always a proponent for Palms but last year, even aside from statistics, it seemed like everyone advocated for Hall in what he does for the locker room and how he’s grown as a leader.

I’ll would be stunned if it isn’t Hall at this point.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It'll be Hall after Greene is done.

If for whatever reason Hall isn't here, then by that point, I would think it goes to either Hischier or Palmieri.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It'll be Hall after Greene is done.

If for whatever reason Hall isn't here, then by that point, I would think it goes to either Hischier or Palmieri.

If he's not here we've got way bigger things to worry about, but yeah either of those would be fine.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I honestly think the owners/coaches already have hall penciled In as the next captain. Obv a big part is if he resigns, but that's the beauty of them not blowing our cap space on free agents just to say we did something. We can now give hall what he wants and not worry about price (to an extent)

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
In my playthrough of NHL 18 Be a Pro, Zajac was made captain after Andy Greene. Then after him it was John Moore. :laugh:

In seriousness, with the way ownership has gone on about Hall's character, I think it'd be his so long as he stays.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I don't really care. Just because Greene isn't a good player anymore doesn't mean that he sucks as captain, so I'm fine with him remaining captain. I'm more worried about cutting his minutes big time.

Wasn't there a leak of some promo video with Hall wearing the C on his jersey? Remember? Right after the season ended? It's going back to least May sometime.

It will be interesting to see if that's legit or not. I guess we'll find out in the next 2-3 weeks, unless they don't do it until the regular season starts in 5 more weeks. And if they do put the C on Hall, I'd assume it would go straight to him and not something where it's vacant throughout training camp, so we'll probably find out sooner rather than later.

Nah, he sucks as a captain too, but like you said, his being bad now doesn't impact that.

I still think of how he just sat there and let Hall take numerous knees to the head from Burrows.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
the biggest takeaway I got from this is that Greene still has two years left on his contract lol, for some reason I thought it was just one.

either way, it has to be Hall i think

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
McDavid... after Chiarelli trades him to us for Severson cause he needs another RHD :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
McDavid... after Chiarelli trades him to us for Severson cause he needs another RHD :sarcasm:
Well, since Severson is better than Larsson (I know people still love to argue that he's not) and McDavid is better than Hall, it only makes sense that Severson would be worth McDavid. Am I right?

Reactions: Nubmer6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->