Speculation: Next contract for Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
10 days to start of free agent frenzy, less a few hours.

Thinking VGK needs to clear a bit more cap space before he signs.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

That's a great contract for us. And Bill gets his term.

giphy.gif

:scared::scared::scared:

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
If that is true 8 years for under 6 AAV is a great deal for both. Still need to make some trades to get under the cap.

I prefer they keep Gusev if possible. Might need to attach an asset to deal Patches, which is crazy but every team knows that VGK needs to get under that 81.5 million cap number by the start of the season.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
Amazing deal for you guys on Karlsson... Seems like Gusev will be on the way out now. Around 8M over the cap and still need to sign 2-3 cheap players.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
If that is true 8 years for under 6 AAV is a great deal for both. Still need to make some trades to get under the cap.

I prefer they keep Gusev if possible. Might need to attach an asset to deal Patches, which is crazy but every team knows that VGK needs to get under that 81.5 million cap number by the start of the season.
Sign and trade is a real bad look, GMGM wouldn't do that.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
Why would Gusev be moved out?
Currently 2.6M over cap.
Add Karlsson 6M = 8.6 over cap.
Sign Subban to 900K = 9.5M over cap.
Sign Nosek to 700K = 10.2M over cap.

Even if you trade Miller, Haula and Eakin you're still at capmax.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Currently 2.6M over cap.
Add Karlsson 6M = 8.6 over cap.
Sign Subban to 900K = 9.5M over cap.
Sign Nosek to 700K = 10.2M over cap.

Even if you trade Miller, Haula and Eakin you're still at capmax.
Currently 1.6M over cap. Also, Clarkson is getting moved.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
Currently 1.6M over cap. Also, Clarkson is getting moved.
So sorry I didn't account for LTIR lol.. Still, a ton of work to do to get Gusev signed. Gotta trade Miller, Haula, Eakin and Clarkson all while signing other guys for the 3rd and 4th line.. You could trade Patches but I can't see GMGM doing a sign and trade, just not a good look.

Hopefully Glass makes it this year, would really help being on his ELC.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So sorry I didn't account for LTIR lol.. Still, a ton of work to do to get Gusev signed. Gotta trade Miller, Haula, Eakin and Clarkson all while signing other guys for the 3rd and 4th line.. You could trade Patches but I can't see GMGM doing a sign and trade, just not a good look.

Hopefully Glass makes it this year, would really help being on his ELC.

Gusev and Vegas came to an agreement to get him over to burn his ELC. I'm sure a framework of a deal was worked out.

They may well let him go unsigned until August-September to make the other moves first.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Avs fan coming in peace. Congrats on the wild bill contract. I did not think Vegas would be able to keep him. That has to be one of the best value contracts signed in a long time.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Or why deal isn't done yet

Couldn't the team summer LTIR Clarkson for room now then leave Gusev unsigned until day 2 of the league year after they've LTIR Clarkson. It isn't ideal, as Gusev would miss camp, but I think it is an option if teams want too much to take Clarkson contract.

Would only need to trade Miller, Eakin and Holden, maybe Reaves but those would not cost Vegas anything to trade, or at least anything big.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Any RFA can be offer sheeted.

He's not arbitration eligible, yet.

Nope, only Group 2 and 4 RFA's can be offer sheeted, with Group 4 not receiving draft pick compensation. Gusev is neither--he falls under CBA 10.2(c) "Players With Fewer Than Three Years of Professional Experience"**

**Don't let the title fool you, this section covers players with less then minimum required years of professional experience, which ranges from one to three years depending on signing age.

Reactions: hangman005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad