Next Coach Fired?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Surprised the ownership isn't saying, all the drafting is nice, but where's our success?
Maybe BM can't get over this hump, and take Randy with him.
Our ownership doesn't care, with all the job they do with scouting the only thing holding them back during their peak was the owners not caring about winning. They just want team to be competitive for a playoff spot for the next 15 years even if it were the 8th seed every year.

We are essentially the MoneyPuck team, the Oakland As of NHL except with alot more playoff appearences.

The positive is we always have prospects that pan out & our drafts are fun, its basicly the only thing we can brag about these days is our 2011 & 2014 drafts & how we didn't even have a 1st rounder in 2017 but managed to get Comtois. We won't ever sign a Niedermayer again, its just gonna be depth signings & taking chances on players like Aberg.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Our ownership doesn't care, with all the job they do with scouting the only thing holding them back during their peak was the owners not caring about winning. They just want team to be competitive for a playoff spot for the next 15 years even if it were the 8th seed every year.

We are essentially the MoneyPuck team, the Oakland As of NHL except with alot more playoff appearences.

The positive is we always have prospects that pan out & our drafts are fun, its basicly the only thing we can brag about these days is our 2011 & 2014 drafts & how we didn't even have a 1st rounder in 2017 but managed to get Comtois. We won't ever sign a Niedermayer again, its just gonna be depth signings & taking chances on players like Aberg.

I don't think that that's true, hence the Kesler signing and subsequent extension. I'm the first to say his role needs to be reduced significantly, but let's not forget the type of impact player Kesler was at the time of the trade. I think that if BM thought they were one superstar (that was available) away, then he would have the full backing of ownership.

To the point of this thread, I hope it's Carlyle...like yesterday.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The only chance Carlyle gets fired now is if ICE revokes his Visa & the Ducks are forced to fire him.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Not the Avs style to shake things up mid season. If Bednar goes, itll be in the off-season.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think we could see a rash of changes as soon as the season ends.

Bruce Boudreau is a name I'd think would be on the hot seat. You gotta think after they either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round for the 4th year in a row, the Wild might as well move on from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad