Next Coach Fired?

Ukapitalo

Jul 5, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
Peter DeBoer has been really uninspiring so far with a cup caliber team. They're not in a bad spot, but at the same time I feel like we're barely hanging on to that spot. Steve Spott...

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Carlyle.

PDB will have some leeway (some, not all of it), Hakstol will be able to escape because the team is still sort of young. What's Randy's excuse?

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Peter DeBoer has been really uninspiring so far with a cup caliber team. They're not in a bad spot, but at the same time I feel like we're barely hanging on to that spot. Steve Spott...
The Sharks are an old team that are propped up by Martin Jones. Karlsson has been pretty average so far. If his play does not improve this team is not even a top 5 contender for this year. I jumped the gun proclaiming them the favorites but they look really slow and disorganized.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
The Sharks are an old team that are propped up by Martin Jones. Karlsson has been pretty average so far. If his play does not improve this team is not even a top 5 contender for this year. I jumped the gun proclaiming them the favorites but they look really slow and disorganized.
Ha, propped up by Jones. Have you watched a regular season Sharks game in the past two seasons?

Ukapitalo

Jul 5, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA

Yeah - if anything they've been propped up by Dell, and no, there's a ton of youth with this team making big plays.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I found someone who hasn't watch the Sharks at all.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Sharks are an old team that are propped up by Martin Jones.
Stopped reading right here because this is just plain wrong and ignorant. It wasn’t worth reading past this, with that epic gaffe. You are very ill-informed if you think Jones props up the Sharks or makes them better.

Jones is an average starting goalie at the very best. You won’t find much more than 5 teams in the NHL that don’t have at least one goalie that’s either better or just as good as Martin Jones.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Carlyle is the right answer here. As noted about Boucher he will not be fired but will not be resigned at end of year. Then we will bring in a new young coach who will work for a fraction of cost of a real coach

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
This is the last year of his contract. Melnyk won’t pay for two coaches at once.

He barely even wants to pay for one, unless he “walks on water”.
The game is on ice. Everyone is walking on water. :)

My vote is Carlyle to be next out

Reactions: Adityase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad