Next captain of the Buffalo Sabres?

Next captain of the Buffalo Sabres?

• Total voters

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Not a lot of good options to be honest. If the Sabres were intent on keeping O'Reilly I'd say he's the clear choice.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
In few years it will be Dahlin's team. They will wait until that. Dahlin is the rightful future captain.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm not sure he should get it, but it will be Eichel.

I can't see them waiting around to give it to Dahlin, and I have a feeling if they passed over Eichel to give it to Dahlin, there may be some fall out.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
27% of the current votes involve a guy not coming to Buffalo, an 18 year old that didn't even talk at all when he was with Frolunda, and a guy who said he lost his love for the game and felt like it was ok to lose. :huh:

Last edited:

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I would do what the Maple Leafs did and wait it out for one of the young guys to prove himself

ROR doesn't sound like captain material after the comments he made late last season

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I'm not sure he should get it, but it will be Eichel.

I can't see them waiting around to give it to Dahlin, and I have a feeling if they passed over Eichel to give it to Dahlin, there may be some fall out.

Exactly why Eichel shouldn't be named captain. Guys got passion and wants to win no doubt, but I just don't see him as a good leader.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Pominville. O'reilly probably gets traded and Eichel seems to be a bit of a "diva" so neither of them should be captain.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
27% of the current votes involve a guy not coming to Buffalo, an 18 year old that didn't even talk at all when he was with Frolunda, and a guy who said he lost his love for the game and felt like it was ok to lose. :huh:
Lol at how inaccurate that is.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Exactly why Eichel shouldn't be named captain. Guys got passion and wants to win no doubt, but I just don't see him as a good leader.

He absolutely is. I mean, watch his media scrum from yesterday (or 2 days ago maybe). He's saying and doing all the right things. And if you pay attention to the way other players talk about him, he's clearly become a guy that vets respect and young players look up to. I'd be surprised if he wasn't announced as captain before the start of the season. I'm guessing Okposo gets one of the As, not sure who gets the other.

From The Couch

Jan 14, 2014
West PQ
He absolutely is. I mean, watch his media scrum from yesterday (or 2 days ago maybe). He's saying and doing all the right things. And if you pay attention to the way other players talk about him, he's clearly become a guy that vets respect and young players look up to. I'd be surprised if he wasn't announced as captain before the start of the season. I'm guessing Okposo gets one of the As, not sure who gets the other.

I agree. I've also listened to a few videos of Eichel Mic'd up and he's really vocal. Seem's like a great locker room guy, who has a lot of talent and wants to win. I was also listening to the Spittin' Chiclets podcast with him and Noah Hanifin and Eichel even brought out Dahlin for a dinner the night after he was drafted...seem's like a leader to me.

Reactions: Genny Screamer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->