Next Canuck Captain

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Traditions are important for our players to navigate this chaotic universe and the archetype of the hero is an important role to uplift and orient them towards their own inner hero archetype. That’s relevant and that’s that.

On the other hand, NHL teams themselves place a great importance on the team's captaincy relative to other pro sports.

Some teams place importance on it.

1/4 of the NHL didn't have a proper full-time captain last year and there was no statistically significant difference in their results. Teams have won Cups without full-time captains. It's a nothing thing that teams and fans and media attach ridiculous levels of false importance to.

In this day and age, the main reason for having a captain is to make your best player feel more important so he's less likely to leave.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Some teams place importance on it.

1/4 of the NHL didn't have a proper full-time captain last year and there was no statistically significant difference in their results. Teams have won Cups without full-time captains. It's a nothing thing that teams and fans and media attach ridiculous levels of false importance to.

In this day and age, the main reason for having a captain is to make your best player feel more important so he's less likely to leave.

Who has won the Cup without a full time captain?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would name Bo captain. Petey has gotten more comfortable, but I think that Petey can get frustrated and snap back at reporters. There's nothing wrong with that, but Bo is the more natural successor to Henrik. He'll be there to answer questions regardless of how Bo is feeling at the time.
How would Petey handle a scoring slump like he had at the end of the season while being the C?

If it was purely on ice and dressing room he’d be fine.

But dealing with the reporters all the time not sure he’d want to handle it. He’d probably grow frustrated with the it.

Bo is wise enough to answer the question without getting himself into any trouble with his comments I feel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->