GDT: NewYawker's @ NewJursier's 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
i suspect some of you weren't aware of the original film from back in early '60s

mind-blowing effects at the time, at least to a 9 year old

Maybe Prince Ghidorah is better, since they're still kids. But can't wait till the trio "threatens the very existence" of 30 other NHL teams.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nice that trouba is healing fast. Tired of seeing two third pairings out there

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...why the f*** would you not play him tonight? Entire teams have been playing after just one practice since coming from the COVID-list (New Jersey for an example, and they actually beat us), so why would you not play him? This team needs more offense, inject him in for crying out loud.

Ugh, what’s the deal here? He’s had 2 practices since he came off the COVID list, no? Maybe there’s an injury in there as well. Lame.

sorry i really cannot understand anyone's urgency to rush Kakko back into lineup for tonight's game.
a meaningless game in a noncontending season,
the kid is criticial to NYR's future, not to this week, KK coming off Covid situation, and has a complicated health profile,
the team's coming off a win, and the 3rd line looked decent
the missing guys will make it back into the lineup in due time

Last edited:
Reactions: Larrybiv

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
sorry i really cannot understand anyone's urgency to rush Kakko back into lineup for tonight's game.
a meaningless game in a noncontending season,
the kid is criticial to NYR's future, not to this week, KK coming off Covid situation, and has a complicated health profile,
the team's coming off a win, and the 3rd line looked decent
the missing guys will make it back into the lineup in due time

Um.. didn't I agree with you on that? Lol

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If anything, the organization is guilty of rushing players back way too quickly or playing guys who are already hurt into being injured.

Kakko hasn't done anything in 2 weeks. I don't have any problem giving him an extra day or 2 to get back into the swing of things.
I disagree. In 2017 or 2018, maybe... Out of desperation.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Was really hoping to see Kakko tonight for selfish reasons. Not surprised he’s not playing as this team doesn’t really seem to have any sense of urgency regarding how this season plays out.

Win the game please.

I hear you. It's damn conflicting. Develop but also win is not compatible most times.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I don't think there are any such things as a must win game for rebuilding teams but the Rangers have a nice chance to take a step forward with a win tonight. Back to .500 (sort of) and a chance to build on four wins in the last six games.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Quinn

If he has had symptoms, ok. If not, why the f*** would you not play him tonight? Entire teams have been playing after just one practice since coming from the COVID-list (New Jersey for an example, and they actually beat us), so why would you not play him? This team needs more offense, inject him in for crying out loud.

Quinn lacks intensity and killer instinct, hence why his clubs come out flat and unprepared and finish periods lazily.

Reactions: G46

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Kakko should be playing and this is an excuse for Quinn to keep a lineup in that won. They’ll lose tonight because New Jersey works their @$$es off and we will be caught feeling our oats that we just took our Buffalo two nights ago. Nothing surprises me anymore. Kakko SHOULDVE been in if he’s okay to be at practice on the rink. Quinn is a moron. No urgency from this club under him for obvious reasons. Front office worrying me.

Reactions: G46

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
NHL Stats

Something's rotten on the NJD penalty kill.

20 of their 54 goals against have come on the kill. That's insane. A goal per game average.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Please, if no Kakko then Lemiuex under 10 min tonight, I can't watch him fly around killing plays everywhere

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Someone take that spot from Rooney. He looked rough last game. Honestly, Lemieux would be better as long as he doesn't stay on the ice too long and not go full on goon.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So healthy lines

Laf-Zib-Buchnevich
Panarin-Chytil-Kakko
Kreider-Strome-Blackwell
Lemieux-Rooney-Gauthier

PDG and Howden in the press box. Looks a lot better with bread and Kakko back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad