NFL: No extension for the Clapper for now

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Looks like this is going to wind up with Garrett getting an extension and going back to calling plays, Kellen Moore promoted from QB coach to OC after spending all of one year in coaching, and Jon Kitna hired as the new QB coach. Kitna has been coaching high school kids and had accepted an OC job with the new San Diego AAF team that is scheduled to start playing in a few weeks. Kinda odd to ditch the AAF job before it even starts, but Kitna still lives in the Dallas area.

In a lot of ways, this is Jerry going all in on both Garrett and Dak. It's a bit odd to look at a team with offensive problems and decide the solution is to go with an OC and QB coach with a combined one season of pro coaching experience.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Man, this must mean Jerry is planning on living another 20 years or so, which means Garrett will finally be fired in 2039.

Whats funny is he was the one who fired Landry (and Brandt, basically Schramm too) so he kind of looks like a total jackarse when he says Garrett will be his Landry.

Maybe Jones Jr will fire Garrett when Jerry's gone.

Oct 18, 2011
Garrett is a good coach I don't know why people hate him so much. Id like to see him call plays if he can hire an analytics person to help him with game management

Reactions: HFBCommenter

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I’m liking the fact that there is no extension yet. I’m really hoping they wait and see how the offensive scheme looks like next season. If the core of the scheme is the same thing, they won’t even make the playoffs, thus, Garrett will get fired. The Cowboys have enough talent to be true contenders. They can’t have Garrett holding them back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->