NFL: No extension for the Clapper for now

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Even though the Cowboys have gone 8-1 in the last half of the season and the first round of the Playoffs a lot of Cowboys fans are still probably pretty leery of good old Jerrah giving Jason Garrett any kind of extension. I think he deserves a short term extension but I'm not sure I want him around for another 3 to 5 seasons. :amazed:

from tsn.ca:

On the heels of their success this season, the Dallas Cowboys are planning to sign head coach Jason Garrett to a long-term extension sometime during the off-season, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Garrett's new deal is expected to be very lucrative, according to Rapoport. Fellow NFL Network insider Mike Garafolo adds that Garrett's camp is expecting the deal to pay him at least $2 million more annually than the current $6-million per year that the coach earns on the deal that the Cowboys signed him to in 2015.

Garrett's current deal expires after the 2019 season.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Cowboys might be more than an upset special this week if they had a real coach

I seriously doubt they ever reach their full potential with this yuk

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
They have both Dak and Zeek making minimum wage and that will change this off season, plus gave up a first round pick. Welcome back to midpack.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
They have both Dak and Zeek making minimum wage and that will change this off season, plus gave up a first round pick. Welcome back to midpack.

I guess you don't realize that the player they got for that 1st round pick will likely contribute more over the next few seasons than any player they would have gotten using that 1st round pick. Oh - and add in the fact that Dallas does not have a single starter on either Offense or Defense over the age of 30 makes me think the future looks pretty good in big D. :nod:

Reactions: Voight and fin8

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It’s not quite as bad as it might first appear when looking at those two. Zeke is already one of the highest paid RBs in the league because of where he was drafted, so giving him a raise doesn’t hurt a ton. They also had something like $9 million of Romo dead money this season that goes away, which means giving Dak a $20 million a season is only really an $11 million shift in cap spending on QB.

Reactions: Voight
Sep 19, 2008
Garrett is essentially Marvin Lewis because he has a long leeway of job security despite mediocre results.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I was watching him in his presser after they lost and he seemed ecstatic lol, must be something in the works. It was actually kind of funny to see.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Now that Marvin Lewis is gone, Garrett is the new Rasputin Wayne Fontes.

Oct 18, 2011
I actually don't mind Garrett. Linehan has to go, his 2 and 3 tight end sets are garbage, they would always do the same formations on 4th down and were honestly just lucky Zeke could bail them out. The season was effectively lost on one of these formations.

Id like to bring in a college guy, make better use of Daks mobility and spread the field out.

Sep 19, 2008
Garrett isn't necessarily the problem. Linehan was more of the issue. And he's gone now. So the Cowboys, with an actual threat of Cooper at WR, and a pretty good defense, restock and reload.

This is the team to beat in the NFC East, folks. Dangerous running game. Competent QB. WR threats. Good D. And they just got rid of their OC that was holding them back.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad