News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I think Guentzel could get 7 years $10M from a poorer team. I think $64M is about the minimum it would take to get him to sign here. I'd love it to start with a 7 as well.
Yeah, I was referring to Jarvis regarding a deal that started with a 7. I think the best we can/will do for Guentzel would be something like 8X$8.25 million and that's even a stretch.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I mean I know +/- isn't everything. But Staal had the 2nd worst +/- of his career and was worst on the team. Why is this the year he finally is a Selke finalist? He's had considerably better seasons over this one where he didn't even get considered as a finalist. Curious what got him nominated this year.
As Tarheel said, it’s a reputation award more than actually earning it. I feel a few of the awards can be this way, like the Lady Bing.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I mean I know +/- isn't everything. But Staal had the 2nd worst +/- of his career and was worst on the team. Why is this the year he finally is a Selke finalist? He's had considerably better seasons over this one where he didn't even get considered as a finalist. Curious what got him nominated this year.
It's a purely reputation based award that often serves as a lifetime achievement award rather than anything based on the current season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad