Injury Report: News from practice 2-8-2013

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Not even one mention of fighing in that post, well done!

And I agree with you about Tatar vs. Nyquist. Nyquist hasn't shown anything in the NHL since last pre-season, Tatar actually makes plays.

Really? He put up like 0.5ppg last year with 10 minutes of ice time. How can you show anything when you don't play, for that matter.

What I don't understand, is people putting up Tatar and Nyquist against each other. Both should be in the NHL, period.

crashman

Really? He put up like 0.5ppg last year with 10 minutes of ice time. How can you show anything when you don't play, for that matter.

What I don't understand, is people putting up Tatar and Nyquist against each other. Both should be in the NHL, period.

But they're not, and Tatar has done more with his limited time. That's all I'm saying.

HTT3*

With Datsyuk centering them :nod:

You want to talk about puck control, that's the line right there.

Maybe in the AHL they would be. In the NHL.... not so much. Tatar and Nyquist aren't top 6 players in the NHL. That line would get eaten alive

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
But they're not, and Tatar has done more with his limited time. That's all I'm saying.

Huh?

Tatar 11 games 1g 1a = 2p .181ppg
Nyquist 19 games 1g 6a =7p .368ppg
During last years call up Gus only averaged 10min/game
During Tatar's 9 game stint he averaged 9:30/game
Not that big of a difference in time but Gus has done more. But like Joe said, it shouldn't be Tatar vs. Nyquist, both should be in the NHL.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Maybe in the AHL they would be. In the NHL.... not so much. Tatar and Nyquist aren't top 6 players in the NHL. That line would get eaten alive
I take it you haven't been watching Tatar play the past few games? If you had been watching you would certainly notice his puck control. The puck only leaves his stick when he wants it to.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Holland said Andersson was recalled because they wanted an extra forward just in case, since Grand Rapids is in OKC this weekend.
Via Mr. Khan

Hopefully they play Andersson over Eaves. Eaves has proved to be not that valuable in the games he's played. I'd rather they get a look a Andersson. Apparently they'll decide lineups/scratches tomorrow.

HTT3*

I take it you haven't been watching Tatar play the past few games? If you had been watching you would certainly notice his puck control. The puck only leaves his stick when he wants it to.

Haven't missed a game and also watch him in Grand Rapids. The puck only leaves his stick when he wants it to is a HILARIOUS comment... Datsyuk can't even pull that off :help:

More proof Wings fans overrate their prospects. He undersized and won't match up against other teams top players. Putting Tatar and Nyquist on line with Datsyuk will be the easiest and softest line in the world. They'd get DESTROYED.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Haven't missed a game and also watch him in Grand Rapids. The puck only leaves his stick when he wants it to is a HILARIOUS comment... Datsyuk can't even pull that off :help:

More proof Wings fans overrate their prospects. He undersized and won't match up against other teams top players. Putting Tatar and Nyquist on line with Datsyuk will be the easiest and softest line in the world. They'd get DESTROYED.
Yes, because there hasn't been any undersized players in the NHL that have gone on to have good careers. Not comparing Tatar to Patrik Kane but is that small kid horrible or what man? The whole team is soft outside of Tootoo. Hell, Kronwall is soft.

HTT3*

Yes, because there hasn't been any undersized players in the NHL that have gone on to have good careers. Not comparing Tatar to Patrik Kane but is that small kid horrible or what man? The whole team is soft outside of Tootoo. Hell, Kronwall is soft.

The best thing about Pat Kane's game is Jonathon Toews. Put Hudler and Savard on a line with him and watch them get pushed around.

Comparing Tatar to Kane is like comparing Emmerton to Lucic. Lol

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The best thing about Pat Kane's game is Jonathon Toews.

You not check out the highlights from last night? Dude just put on a one man clinic.

I think Kane is one dimensional, but that singular dimension is one of the best offensive players in the entire NHL.

Now I'm not comparing him to Tatar, but for the Great Ones' sake he's not a product of Toews.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
The best thing about Pat Kane's game is Jonathon Toews. Put Hudler and Savard on a line with him and watch them get pushed around.

Comparing Tatar to Kane is like comparing Emmerton to Lucic. Lol
Quoting myself:

Not comparing Tatar to Patrik Kane

You'd have a point if Bolland didn't center Kane majority of the time. Maybe Toews did help Kane get his 18 points, good for second in the league, so far this year though, who knows?

HTT3*

You not check out the highlights from last night? Dude just put on a one man clinic.

I think Kane is one dimensional, but that singular dimension is one of the best offensive players in the entire NHL.

Now I'm not comparing him to Tatar, but for the Great Ones' sake he's not a product of Toews.

If it come done to Kane or Toews, I am picking Toews 10 times out of 10 and twice on Sunday.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
isn't franzen also suspended for his match penalty?

would much rather have nyquist than andersson.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yep. The more fresh, young legs and energy the better.

While I don't know for sure, and this is a big assumption, but I think the hunger is gone from the veterans. You look at kids like Tatar and Nyquist and they want to play for the Red Wings desperately, you can see the drive. Even look at Brunner, the kid wants to be here. They've been in Grand Rapids for so long it's like the girl that keeps putting off, and off and off and off. Stop it, it's time.

Perhaps, but you could see much better effort from Cleary last night with Tatar in the lineup. While I generally am not impressed with guys who can only put in a good effort once every half dozen games, I guess there could be a case to be made that the young guys coming in and just chomping at the bit will spark the veterans to play with some energy and some drive. We'll see how Jimmy responds to Tatar's work in net last night. ;)

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
He undersized and won't match up against other teams top players. Putting Tatar and Nyquist on line with Datsyuk will be the easiest and softest line in the world. They'd get DESTROYED.

That wouldn't be the most physical line, but their puck possession wouldn't suck. And I'm not buying the "he's undersized and would get destroyed" point either. Plenty of smaller guys have had and are having good careers.

Tatar has looked fine on the 3rd line and he just fits in the NHL game, and it's not like the opposition are taking it easy on him. He's looked like he belongs against the Flames and Blues, 2 of the rougher teams to play against. Gus and Tatar would be fine in the top 6 right now.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Via Mr. Khan

Hopefully they play Andersson over Eaves. Eaves has proved to be not that valuable in the games he's played. I'd rather they get a look a Andersson. Apparently they'll decide lineups/scratches tomorrow.

I don't mind Andersson in the bottom 6. I kind of like the idea of him out there with Abby and Tootoo just because he can handle the physical game that line wants play. He'd be OK with Emmerton too I guess. I don't dislike him as much as others, I would gladly have brought him up to Detroit this year in the place of Cleary or Eaves, heck maybe even Sammy. He's going to be a bottom 6 player in Detroit, hopefully he gets a shot to show us what he's got in this next game.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I wouldn't mind if they slot Andersson at center and put Emmerton out on the wing. Or Abdelkader to the wing, depending what line they slot him into.

I'm all for any move that puts Abby on the wing and away from centering a line. Maybe have Andersson center the 4th line, put Emmerton at the 3C spot as he seems to have a clue offensively (as opposed to Abby), and put Abby on the 4th line at wing.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Tatar and Andersson are getting showcased. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I remember reading an article a while back about the Atlanta Braves and how they put all the players they actually like in AA, and then their AAAA-depth guys and their trade bait play in AAA. That way, other teams get a much better look at the guys they want to deal and are less likely to demand their "keeper" prospects in trade talks.

I'm just spitballing here, but stay with me - they needed a backup goalie and they called up McCollum, not Mrazek (this one backfired on Holland because he sucks and Babcock wouldn't play him). They needed a scoring line player and they called up Tatar, not Nyquist. They needed a big body and they called up Andersson, not Sheahan.

These are not the cream of the Wings' crop here. They're very specifically calling up the guys they DON'T appear to want to keep long-term.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm kinda confused why they wouldn't call up Nyquist. Is he in Babcock's doghouse all of a sudden? Tatar and Anderson before Gus? Sigh...

They call a big guy and Griffins net-front present Andersson, when a big guy and a net-front present Bertuzzi gets injured.

Really simple logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->