Injury Report: News from practice 2-8-2013

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Bert being injured doesn't shock me. He's been pretty lousy the past couple games.

Odds Cleary gets bumped into the top 6?

Can they call up Nyquist?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It makes far too much sense to keep Tatar on that line and call up Nyquist to play in the top6.. so it probably won't happen.

CloneHakanPlease*

It makes far too much sense to keep Tatar on that line and call up Nyquist to play in the top6.. so it probably won't happen.

"BUT CLEARY SCOReD A GOAL HATER!!!! HE IS THE SOLOUTION"

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
ONE GOAL IN ONE GAME. HE IS JESUS.

But seriously, get Nyquist up, give him some real time in the top6. Like, at least one whole game. I bet Tatar's play pushes Nyquist.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Tatar and Cleary played well together, hopefully Gus gets the call for this weekend's games. While I'm no fan of the injuries, I do absolutely love the ice time our kids are currently getting!

Aug 6, 2012
I'm kinda confused why they wouldn't call up Nyquist. Is he in Babcock's doghouse all of a sudden? Tatar and Anderson before Gus? Sigh...

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'm kinda confused why they wouldn't call up Nyquist. Is he in Babcock's doghouse all of a sudden? Tatar and Anderson before Gus? Sigh...

Nyquist already played a game earlier this year. Seems like a rotation to get more than just two players some NHL icetime.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Tatar and Cleary played well together, hopefully Gus gets the call for this weekend's games. While I'm no fan of the injuries, I do absolutely love the ice time our kids are currently getting!
Yep. The more fresh, young legs and energy the better.

While I don't know for sure, and this is a big assumption, but I think the hunger is gone from the veterans. You look at kids like Tatar and Nyquist and they want to play for the Red Wings desperately, you can see the drive. Even look at Brunner, the kid wants to be here. They've been in Grand Rapids for so long it's like the girl that keeps putting off, and off and off and off. Stop it, it's time.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I guess they want to see what all of the kids have to offer to the team, see who is worth keeping around for next year? It really is the only reason I can think of for not calling up Nyquist.

I'll agree with that; they already know what they've got with Nyquist, so they're seeing what else they have for the potential unloading of "bad contracts" in the off-season.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I wouldn't mind if they slot Andersson at center and put Emmerton out on the wing. Or Abdelkader to the wing, depending what line they slot him into.

HTT3*

Bert being injured doesn't shock me. He's been pretty lousy the past couple games.

Odds Cleary gets bumped into the top 6?

Can they call up Nyquist?

I dont think he's been lousy, he's been big, strong and standing up for team mates. He isn't scoring but makes the DRWs less soft and weak. His size and intimidation factor alone adds value

ARCTICCAT24

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan
I'm fine with Andersson. Kinda happy they didn't call up Nyquist. You take out a big body in Bertuzzi, you have to fill it with another big body. Not saying he will play in Berts place, but it is what it is. I really liked what I saw from Tatar. He has more grit to his game than Nyquist, who is a dime a dozen player right now. Sure he's fast, but he's weak. I'd rather have Eaves in than him.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I'm fine with Andersson. Kinda happy they didn't call up Nyquist. You take out a big body in Bertuzzi, you have to fill it with another big body. Not saying he will play in Berts place, but it is what it is. I really liked what I saw from Tatar. He has more grit to his game than Nyquist, who is a dime a dozen player right now. Sure he's fast, but he's weak. I'd rather have Eaves in than him.

:facepalm:

Our top forward prospect is "a dime a dozen"?
:shakehead

crashman

Not even one mention of fighing in that post, well done!

And I agree with you about Tatar vs. Nyquist. Nyquist hasn't shown anything in the NHL since last pre-season, Tatar actually makes plays.

:facepalm:

Our top forward prospect is "a dime a dozen"?
:shakehead

I assumed he meant the way he's been playing when given a chance, and I agree. Nyquist hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities in the NHL. If he needs top line minutes to be visible, then I don't think he deserves to be playing in the NHL at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad