News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21 Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
These playoffs are interesting. Andersen is playing net for WAS, the battle of castoff goalies in Toronto vs. Montreal, the Wild are no longer the bore, and the Floridians have their own series.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I don’t want to seem like a homer, but am I the only one who feels Brendan Burke is so much better than the other NHL play by play guys ? Watching the other playoff games, and I’m wishing Brendan was calling the game. I really feel he’ll be the main NHL play by play guy in the Stanley Cup finals pretty soon, if not this year, possibly next.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
They were on site in Washington and traveled to Pittsburgh after the game.

Brendan was outstanding calling the game today, as was AJ in her analysis. Also thought they were impartial, real pros. You wouldn't know they were Isles affiliated listening to them. They were also able to provide just a little more insight that the regular NBC crew would not have been able to. I'm off twitter, so I can't text them congrats, hope they got the props they deserve.

Reactions: TMI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
VGK had the 3rd best offense in the regular season and just got shut out 1-0 in OT.

Playoff hockey baby!

Reactions: danteipp

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
VGK had the 3rd best offense in the regular season and just got shut out 1-0 in OT.

Playoff hockey baby!

Didn't the NHL essentially decide to put Dallas in the Central and Minnesota in the West, because they thought that would seemingly balance out the divisions a bit better, specifically in order to give Tampa a "tougher" opponent?

Even though I believe Minnesota is one of the teams that has had the most recent success against Tampa over the last several seasons and of course Dallas looked terrible for most of the year.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Odd seeing a ton of people in the stands for this Florida game

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
This game makes the isles Pitt game look like they were skating in mud

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Is it just me? It feels wrong that TB doesn't have to somehow compensate for Kucherov's salary now that he's in the POs...

Reactions: Lek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad