News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Leafs within 90 seconds of being shut out by the same team twice in a row for the first time since 1930!

Monday when they needed a goal late, they put JT with AM and MM: no goal.

Wednesday when they needed a goal late, they put Nylander with AM and MM: goal.

Then they put Nylander with AM in OT: goal.

Maybe they'll figure it out. Eventually.

Reactions: danteipp

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Leafs within 90 seconds of being shut out by the same team twice in a row for the first time since 1930!

JT seems to be dragging down whichever line he's on. Matthews/Marner are killing it, scoring 5 goals seemingly every night, then suddenly he's on their LW and they get shutout. Nylander's been on a massive slump on Tavares' line, then gets put with Matthews and scores the OT winner.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
JT seems to be dragging down whichever line he's on. Matthews/Marner are killing it, scoring 5 goals seemingly every night, then suddenly he's on their LW and they get shutout. Nylander's been on a massive slump on Tavares' line, then gets put with Matthews and scores the OT winner.

Don't worry. Sunday is John Tavares day.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nylander scored both goals in that game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Oh they were an inch away from having the bandwagon broken when Lindholm missed an empty net hitting the post. Up until then, they were dead. Ironically it was Nylander's missed check that created the 1-0 goal for Calgary. I guess he thought he would never see the ice again, if he didn't pull out those goals. He's always been an enigma to me. Talent for sure, also laconic for long stretches too. The ultimate you don't know if he will be there one night, but he might be other nights player. This is why I always choose Ehlers over him in polls. Ehlers you know will show up each game. Nylander, just some times. You almost get the feeling he does not want to mess up his hair some nights.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Poor Thomas Greiss. 1-10-3. I don’t know why he signed with the Red Wings, he could have gone elsewhere.

and speaking of the Red Wings, I would guess few players have been in the league as long as Frans Nielsen with less playoff action. He toiled on a team that couldn’t make they playoffs and right before that team got hot he jumps to a team that was a regular playoff team that went down the toilet after he arrived. It’s hard to come up with a business plan that bad.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
and speaking of the Red Wings, I would guess few players have been in the league as long as Frans Nielsen with less playoff action. He toiled on a team that couldn’t make they playoffs and right before that team got hot he jumps to a team that was a regular playoff team that went down the toilet after he arrived. It’s hard to come up with a business plan that bad.
can't feel bad for him, he turned down a generous Islander contract when the team was making strides in the right direction because he thought he could get more money on the open market, than when the Islanders pulled their offer he went to a Red Wings team who was on the downside for less money cuz that was probably the best offer on the table, I do wonder what the team would look like and who they wouldn't have re-signed if he did re-sign

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Poor Thomas Greiss. 1-10-3. I don’t know why he signed with the Red Wings, he could have gone elsewhere.

Greiss didn’t have many options left. By the time the Wings offered him a deal most of the other teams already filled their goalie needs.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Greiss didn’t have many options left. By the time the Wings offered him a deal most of the other teams already filled their goalie needs.

This.

And no-one should think he wanted to walk. He'd have been very content to stick around and continue being an Isle.

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad