[News] Feaster Press Conference

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Don't know why Feaster would make unsolicited statements about his confidence in retaining free agents who may be subject to offer sheets because we have tons of cap space. It's almost like he's daring other teams to put in offer sheets. And they might, just to screw our rebuilding cap. (think Avs revenge)

Why Gio and Glencross would be on an untouchable list is beyond me, not to mention that there were and Bouwmeester was not. I would have rather have retained JBow through a rebuild than either of those two who could also could likely have got similar returns. Where will Gio and Glenny be by the time this team is competing at a high level again? Meanwhile their stock is likely at an apex. Isn't retaining post apex players just as bad asset management as aquiring post apex players?

On other teams. Better to move guys like that at the deadline, a full season deadline really.

I expect we will see more faces move out by the end of the season, and on that same note you can just trade every veteran, you need to keep some to help teach the young guys. Or you end up like the Oilers.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
The reason Glencross is an untouchable is because he is a great contributer for his cap hit, and he signed at a great price so we wouldn't trade him, I beleive he has a NTC, and has already sadi he would not waive it, as he owns a ranch in Alberta I do believe, and wishes to be able to be close to that. That's why he's an untouchable.

And Giordanno is because he's a stabilizing two way presence on the blue line for a fantastic cap hit. Great guy to keep around with guys like Brodie coming up, and we won't get a player of the same caliber for the same cap hit. And you do need to keep a few good players around. There is also a minimum salary cap remember lol. And you need to keep a few decent players anyways.

That being said, if a offer was tendered for Giordanno we just couldn't refuse, I'm sure we'd make the deal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't know why Feaster would make unsolicited statements about his confidence in retaining free agents who may be subject to offer sheets because we have tons of cap space. It's almost like he's daring other teams to put in offer sheets. And they might, just to screw our rebuilding cap. (think Avs revenge)
When was the last time a team signed a player to an offer sheet as revenge?

Hint: Never

bigchief12

Feb 22, 2010
Calgary
Yeah really, what are they going to do? Offer Brodie 6M per? Thanks for the 1st round lottery picks Avs.

Not sure if serious..because yeah, payback? Flames will match just because they can and because they are going to set Brodie as a cornerstone in the rebuild.The compensation picks would never really be at risk and even if they were, it could still turn out good for Colorado who are much closer to the cusp of a turnaround and in need of immediate players than future draft picks.

Edit: of course, there is no reason whatsoever that this year's Avs lotto pick would be at risk for compensation if that's what you mean. There is plenty of time for Brodie's contract to be finalized after this draft so we would be talking future picks as yet undetermined to be lottery winners or 30th overall.

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Well to what extent do you hand him the starter's role? By all accounts he had by far the worst training camp out of all the goalies last fall and that's why his chances were limited off the bat. Then he was outperformed in his starts by BOTH Taylor and Brust. He was then given another chance by the organization in Flames training camp where he beat out Karlsson. But then he botched that chance by sucking at the NHL level.

Irving has had a ton of chances in this organization and he failed to seize them all. At times he was good but apparently consistency is not his strong suit. I think it is too simplistic to blame this all on Ward, Irving has to take responsibility for his play as well. If he can't outperform guys like Taylor or Brust at the AHL level then maybe he isn't all that.

I've been saying this for over a year, but for some people on here they just can't blame the player - so it has to be the coach. Not sure who would be interested in him after last year. It will be interesting to see how he fairs next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad