News Conference 5 pm Thursday with Gary and Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
What the hell. Which PC is the real one?

Are you telling me that Bettman is going to have a press conference with the PA on Thursday in Toronto, and than flying back and having one with just the NHL on Friday...which is when the lottery and schedule will be done also?

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
nyr7andcounting said:

Are you telling me that Bettman is going to have a press conference with the PA on Thursday in Toronto, and than flying back and having one with just the NHL on Friday...which is when the lottery and schedule will be done also?

Correctamundo.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
nyr7andcounting said:

Yes that is true ..

The NHLPA members and players asked to have Bettman present, because they wanted to see the look on his face when they rejected the CBA.

Mastercard is doing a new commercial and they need that look for the Priceless part ..

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
The Messenger said:
The NHLPA members and players asked to have Bettman present, because they wanted to see the look on his face when they rejected the CBA.

Mastercard is doing a new commercial and they need that look for the Priceless part ..

:joker:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
The Messenger said:
Yes that is true ..

you're not serious, right? like...you don't really think that...right?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
HoCkeYfAnAtiC30 said:
please tell me the PC is gonna be on TV?
I generally find that Press Conferences have a greater impact when they are on TV and Radio.. The ones behind closed doors and closed to the public tend to keep us guessing to much as to what was said ...

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
nomorekids said:
you're not serious, right? like...you don't really think that...right?

He's said he thinks it will pass, so no, he's not serious.

Having said that, he'd love it if it didn't.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
It's a mean nothing press conference. Why the BoG vote/announcement is being held until Friday completely escapes my comprehension because it is going to get very little media play...especially with it expected to be in the afternoon aswell. So the Crosby lotter at 4PM will prompty will get buried in the weekend.

Well done NHL Marketing Department.

blamebettman*

The Messenger said:
Yes that is true ..

:yo: I would go into convulsions laughing if that happened.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
blamebettman said:

Yay! No more hockey for another year!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
London Knights said:
It's a mean nothing press conference. Why the BoG vote/announcement is being held until Friday completely escapes my comprehension because it is going to get very little media play...especially with it expected to be in the afternoon aswell. So the Crosby lotter at 4PM will prompty will get buried in the weekend.

Well done NHL Marketing Department.
Everybody already knows the NHL is coming back. They were the big story last Wednesday when they came to an agreement on a day that nothing was happening in the sports world. People are overreacting about this whole marketing thing.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
What a great name for the special, "Game ON- NHLPA Ratification Vote"

I hate it when the media decides to give these things their own name. Remember the "Bertuzzi Incident," complete with its own theme music?

JimmyPage

Jan 22, 2005
Toronto
blamebettman said:

Let me get this straight, you would be happy to go without hockey for another year or two? Time to take the PA cap off.

albathegreat*

The Messenger said:
I generally find that Press Conferences have a greater impact when they are on TV and Radio.. The ones behind closed doors and closed to the public tend to keep us guessing to much as to what was said ...

:handclap:

Man I love the sarcasm on this board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad