News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I think people are underestimating the rangers a bit. they are going through a rebuild, but it’s not going to be a lengthy one. I could see them with a devils-style rebuild- hiring a hynes-esque coach, having a couple of solid drafts (what do they have, 7 picks in the first 2 round this year?) and they’ll be ready to challenge for a playoff spot by 2020.

I don’t think they see kovalchuk as a part of the rebuild- IF he signs with NY, it’ll be to help them bridge the gap.
well it depends on what gorton does.

they severely lack prospects, and are arguably bottom 5 in that regard in the league.

if they flip zucc and (maybe) kreider for assets, they could accelerate their rebuild. kovalchuk's contract is going to drive what they have to get rid of, though, to an extent

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
so looks like kovy to rangers 3 years 18 million is the number being thrown around.

i would be surprised if he doesnt get a NTC. i'm sure he wants some type of protection from the rangers trading him to ottawa or something. if/when he goes there this is LOU 2.0 hitching their wagon to 36 year old lundqvist and 35 year old kovy what could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: devilsblood

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
well it depends on what gorton does.

they severely lack prospects, and are arguably bottom 5 in that regard in the league.

if they flip zucc and (maybe) kreider for assets, they could accelerate their rebuild. kovalchuk's contract is going to drive what they have to get rid of, though, to an extent
Ya, why do people figure the rag's can turn it around quickly? We've seen plenty of teams with high picks, or numerous draft picks flounder for years. And right now they are on the ground floor.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Rags are further away than people think. Rebuilds are tricky and only if you hit on a lot of things and get a lot of luck can you come out of it in good shape quicker than expected. Lundqvist is old. Shesterkin they have pegged as a Vezina candidate can't even outplay Mikko Koskinen and they play on a loaded team. They have no elite offensive talent within the organization. Plus lots of things can happen. Maybe they just get busts. Maybe they get good players who are always hurt. Not every rebuild is smooth sailing

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Hmm...

Oilers Entertainment Group CEO and Vice Chair Bob Nicholson has called a news conference for 2:30pm et/11:30am pt.

I have a feeling there goes our cash cow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
@Devils Dominion

What a turn of events. You were supposed to be the one that talks about the Rags right?

Only in the OOT thread, though not as much this year when they've been irrelevant there.

I mean you know they're gonna hog the spotlight next week assuming the KHL All-Star signing becomes official once he's 35 and they're doing a new coach search on top of it. Not even sure any other coach got fired at this point...Quenneville stayed, Trashill stayed in Detroit. Obviously the Islanders stayed pat lolz

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
21 years ago today was the worst day of my entire life: the end of my Whalers. There is no team I ever loved more and I miss them every single day of my life. If there is a God then Karmanos will burn in the deepest bowels of hell for all eternity. I'll never forget you, my Whalers.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hitch retires, this time probably for good. Heckuva coach for a long time but not quite as good post lockout as pre.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hitch retires, this time probably for good. Heckuva coach for a long time but not quite as good post lockout as pre.
I wonder if this was a ''You're not coming back, but if you don't feel like working again, we'll let you go out on your own terms'' thing? He was only signed for one year.

The goalie union thanks Hitch for his years of service and millions of dollars that he made for many FRAUD goalies.

Turek, Cechmanek, Esche, Mason, Elliott and Allen, should all donate as a thank you and contribution to a gold watch retirement fund.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It was great, just as Jody Mac was wrapping up near 2am. I think it was legit but it could've been an Isles fan wind up. Seriously it was so dumb that even though it was probably a rags fan attempting to troll Isles fans it came off as the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->