News Article: News and Notes XXXV - schedule's out, bring on the Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Skinner scratched for the 3rd game in a row. He and his agent have apparently had a lengthy talk with Adams.

Feel bad for the guy, but then I remember he gets paid 9 million to not play for the Buffalo Sabres, so I pity him and am envious of him.
I graciously offer my services to not play nhl games for that same salary... no need to thank me

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Scratching him certainly doesn’t help anything and the contract isn’t going anywhere. He’s an agreeable guy who by all accounts I’ve read from fans has been working hard. Just not scoring. Mostly playing with lesser players as the coach clearly doesn’t want him playing up.

Today’s world, it’s now on the team to fix this. The player works hard and wants to play. The contacts are too big to just get rid of. I find it hard to believe Skinner is refusing to get on board with whatever the plan on the ice is. They’re using him the way we used Dzingle. Neither guy is ever going to succeed with that.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
Especially for the opposition

Buffalo's defense has actually been significantly better with him on the ice this year. Shots just haven't been going in for him.

skinnje92

skinnje92

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I dunno, I guess I feel bad for skinner? But in the end it's really just lolsabers.

I predict they trade him and retain $30m of his remaining salary to some garbage team, and then he goes on to be a point a game player for them for the entire remainder of his contract.

Doesn't he have a full NMC? I don't think he's going anywhere unless it's to a contender which would likely require Buffalo to retain even more...

Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I still really like Skinner but glad we didn't have to deal with anything close to that contract. We'll always have that Calder season that was crazy fun. But I agree I'm never upset for bad things to happen to the Sabres.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Doesn't he have a full NMC? I don't think he's going anywhere unless it's to a contender which would likely require Buffalo to retain even more...

While I suspect you are right, many of us (I was a front runner) thought he would only waive his NMC in Carolina for a contender. I certainly never thought he'd go to Buffalo, who was no-where near contending, yet he did for personal reasons.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
While I suspect you are right, many of us (I was a front runner) thought he would only waive his NMC in Carolina for a contender. I certainly never thought he'd go to Buffalo, who was no-where near contending, yet he did for personal reasons.
Honestly that's what shocked me about when he vetoed the trade to LA that led to the Kings signing Kovalchuk. LA was still (arguably) in their window for contention at the time of the draft and it was rumored that we were going to be getting the #20 pick in return and/or Kempe in return. You just never know with these guys where they'll want to go or what reasoning they'll have sometimes.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Interesting going with ned tonight, with a back to back and an opponent with a worse record on the back half. Under normal circumstances I'd say this is a game for the starter and Nashville tomorrow is for the backup.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Interesting going with ned tonight, with a back to back and an opponent with a worse record on the back half. Under normal circumstances I'd say this is a game for the starter and Nashville tomorrow is for the backup.
I am not one of his critics but he looked flustered and unsteady and grateful to get off the ice last game. The hugs he had with Slavin and Trocheck looked emotional to me.

Doesn't RBA sometimes ask the goalies when they want to play again?

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia

I'm not sure Reimer has outplayed Ned enough to be considered the starter. At least not recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad