News Article: News and Notes XXXV - schedule's out, bring on the Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
As pure nonfiction, his story is a winner, so please forgive my dread of it being Disney-fied into absurdity with their Remember The Titans blueprint.

There's gonna have to be a villain or something to create conflict. Who/what will it be? :shakehead
The evil/abusive Toronto Maple Leafs obviously. Of course, being Disney, someone will also have to be dead/missing at the start to give it more weight (hell, only just now thinking about it, Conway didn't have a dad in the Mighty Ducks movies did he?)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The evil/abusive Toronto Maple Leafs obviously. Of course, being Disney, someone will also have to be dead/missing at the start to give it more weight (hell, only just now thinking about it, Conway didn't have a dad in the Mighty Ducks movies did he?)
Neither did Bombay. I mean when you think about it that was like the perfect movie opening, you've introduced the main protagonist, main antagonist, and source of conflict all before you're done with the f***ing opening credits.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
As pure nonfiction, his story is a winner, so please forgive my dread of it being Disney-fied into absurdity with their Remember The Titans blueprint.

There's gonna have to be a villain or something to create conflict. Who/what will it be? :shakehead

Cmon...it writes itself, as others have said, the Toronto Maple Leafs....not only are they the villain, they want to be the villain. Hell, Austin Matthews already has the Snidely Whiplash mustache.

So @saraciv420 will join Cinderella, Princess Leia and Spider-Woman as a Disney princess.

This movie has room for two Disney princesses, "the Civ" and Labar Down.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hell, Austin Matthews already has the Snidely Whiplash mustache.
Laine's better.

DC5G19tVwAATCuv.jpg

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Is "Labar Down" a reference to the birthing cue to labor down?

Like "wow, Abby really labar'd down to provide us that intermission analysis".

Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Injury insurance?

McGinn was struggling after that one hit. He came back to finish the game, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's at least iffy for Wednesday.

And there are 0 healthy forwards on the taxi squad right now, right? Is McCormick ready to play? Even so, they'd probably rather slot in Geekie for a couple games than McCormick.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
McGinn was struggling after that one hit. He came back to finish the game, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's at least iffy for Wednesday.

And there are 0 healthy forwards on the taxi squad right now, right? Is McCormick ready to play? Even so, they'd probably rather slot in Geekie for a couple games than McCormick.
Yea I believe we are down to Bibeau and Ryan on the taxi squad.

I believe Geekie will have to quarantine for 7 days(?) before eligible. Maybe we go 7 defenders if McGinn cant go or McCormick is off IR.

That does make me wonder if Turbo will be out more than a couple of games if we are bringing Geekie back so soon. That way we have some injury insurance on the taxi squad.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Ned and Reimer approve of this message.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Yea I believe we are down to Bibeau and Ryan on the taxi squad.

I believe Geekie will have to quarantine for 7 days(?) before eligible. Maybe we go 7 defenders if McGinn cant go or McCormick is off IR.

That does make me wonder if Turbo will be out more than a couple of games if we are bringing Geekie back so soon. That way we have some injury insurance on the taxi squad.

We have seen that the NHL considers Chicago to be effectively operating in an isolated environment. (Bibeau moving up and down between Chicago and the taxi squad, for instance.) If the player doesn't travel commercially, they appear to be able to skip the quarantine for traveling between Chicago and Raleigh.

Send a private charter to get Geekie to Tampa and he should be immediately eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad