Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The answer to our goalie woes?

giphy.gif

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'm not so sure watching is quite the right term maybe gawking at the disaster happening to the Carolina Hurricanes on the ice.
In all fairness, it could make a great drinking game. Take a shot every time:
1. We shoot right at the goalie's chest
2. Faulk fumbles a pass on the PP at the point
3. the other team gets a shot during our PP
4. we fail to connect a pass with no interference from the opposing team
5. we try to force a pass or shot through an impossible area
6. own goal scored

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Andrei Svechnikov

First to note is that his game is growing just as one would hope it did over the course of his rookie season. In yesterday’s Daily Cup of Joe that had a sizable chunk of notes on Svechnikov, I said that people should not sleep on his playmaking ability which I actually think has transitioned to the NHL level a bit faster than his finishing ability. I actually think Svechnikov’s finishing ability is the area with room for improvement right now. With good hands and a shot, he has the tools to be a 30-goal scorer, but early on in the 2018-19 season, he has room to grow in this regard. Some like to discredit his line mates in looking at his goal total, but he has had his share of chances both in alone off the rush and also in front of the net. With time to maneuver, Svechnikov has been prone to make a move and then be just a tiny bit slow in putting the puck in the net such that NHL goalies have been able to stop most of his attempts. He will learn that the opening created by a deke or other move only offers a split second to finish against an NHL goalie not an open net to tuck the puck into. And in front of the net he has had a few chances were where got shots on net but failed to quickly hit a corner and in the process gave the goalie a chance. The difference is small but significant, but I think the next step up for Svechnikov is for him to become just a touch faster in terms of putting pucks into openings and just a bit more precise in terms of shot location.
Possible next steps for the Carolina Hurricanes rookies | Canes & Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad