News and Notes Thread VIII: The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
0c7602926c7722e831cee219eecb775b.jpg

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I will still judge Francis based on how he handles things in the likely event we don't make the playoffs. I want to see how he handles things depending on where we are at the deadline. I want to see if he makes good on changes if we miss the playoffs. If he doesn't do those, that's when I'm out. I don't care about spending reasonable amounts of money on Gleason or LaRose (especially in the seemingly likely event of a two way/earn it contract). I think they are okay depth signings. I just want change when it all crashes and burns.

I'm not in love with our offseason player moves, but I don't know that we had much better options given our lack of desirability and budget. But I'm pleased with the chosen coach and liked a few of the draft decisions, so here's hoping for changes if/when we blow the season.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I remember sometime ago JR said LaRose was the glue guy or something like that in the locker room. I think it was the offseason when he signed his last contract here...

Look at this stone cold fact: We have missed the playoffs 100% of the time since LaRose has been gone.

Maybe this team needs that glue guy.

sniffing-glue.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The last time we made the playoffs was the last time we had a truly dangerous powerplay. The factor there?

gyi0062122289-antonbabchuk.jpg

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
We might want to burn that #10 jersey in the rafters before this is all said and done.

Signing Larose is 1 step too far for me.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
forgot how damn good his shot was.

i'd be totally fine with us bringing the king back.

That makes two of us. Only problem is he hit the glass and the puck came back to the defensive zone at least 50% of the time. Pretty sad he's basically the only presence we've ever had on the blue line. #Caneshockey

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
If we're going for simultaneous entertainment value and #1 pick potential, I say sign Chad and Anton and give Murphy 20 minutes a night.

God if I was Canes GM, I would tank so hard. Too bad NHL GMs dont do the "be a GM for a day" like many state's governors do.

I would probably also trade everyone for Jonathan Quick and Drew Doughty so I guess that's why I'm not the GM.

bluedevil58*

We move Murphy to the wing. Put him with Seminole and Staal. Hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad